Delta 8 THC is the incredibly popular hemp-derived cannabinoid that’s quickly taking over the market largely thanks to its enjoyable psychoactive effects that are milder than delta 9 THC. With an influx of stores throughout the country carrying delta 8 products, Alaskans are wondering whether or not the cannabinoid is even legal in Alaska. And, let alone how they can know that the delta 8 THC that’s available is both genuine and high in quality.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Alaska?
Back in 2018, the United States passed the Farm Bill which made hemp a federally legal plant, and thus legalized all of its derivatives, stating only that no hemp product may contain more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. This means that delta 8 is a legal cannabinoid on the federal level. But, Alaska has since banned the cannabinoid. Basically, this means that no resident can legally purchase it. Even if they reside in places such as Juneau, Anchorage, Fairbanks, or elsewhere.
Where to One Day Purchase Legal Delta 8 THC in Alaska
Right now, Alaskans cannot purchase delta 8 THC anywhere in the state. But, in the event that things change sometime in the future, it’s important to know that since not all delta 8 is created equally, one must be really careful when choosing a retailer.
Pure CBD Now is the ultimate one-stop shop for delta 8 THC. Here, you will find a massive array of delta 8 vapes, gummies, flower, tinctures and, more. All are made by the most trusted brands including our own. We only carry lab-tested, carefully formulated delta 8 products, while offering excellent prices and phenomenally fast shipping.
What Potential Places Should Be Avoided When Buying Delta 8 THC?
There are certain retailers that should be strictly avoided when shopping for delta 8. Since they are essentially known to carry low-quality or even fake products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Purchase in Alaska Hopefully Down the Line?
Delta 8 THC, just like CBD, can be found in all kinds of product types. Hence, it’s important to know what kind of experience to expect depending on the product type you choose.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts come pre-filled with vape oil, and are 510-threaded to attach to standard vape pens. They come in a rich selection of strain options.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are all-in-one vaping systems pre-filled with vape oil and ready to vape out of the box. Also available in lots of strains, they require no charging or refilling at any time.
- Edibles: D8 edibles taste great, with gummies being especially popular. They can produce up to 8 hours of effects, and a distinctive body high sensation.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are sublingual oils that come in dropper bottles, in a variety of strengths, and extremely minimal formulas.
- Capsules: D8 capsules absorb just like edibles and so the overall effects are the same, but they consist of encapsulated servings of delta 8 extract.
- Flower: D8 Flower is raw CBD flower infused with pure delta 8 THC distillate, available in both pre-roll and loose bud form with lots of strains to choose from.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are highly potent, non-beginner-friendly concentrates that are “dabbed,” or flash-vaporized through a dabbing device that achieves high temperatures.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are not going to produce psychoactive effects since they are applied to the skin, providing localized effects only to the skin, joints and muscles.
One Day, Legal Delta 8 May Come to The Last Frontier
Delta 8 THC is strictly illegal in the state of Alaska, at least for the time-being. One thing we know is that states are prone to changing their laws when it comes to hemp. So, as more states are visibly opening up to delta 8, AK may very well take on a different mindset when it comes to this cannabinoid in the near future. Thus, changing laws to legalize it at last for adult residents.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay. Primarily, because it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.
Pure CBD Now can deliver quality Delta 8 products to any Alaska location. Order from the many Delta 8 products from their website.
- iDELTA8 Wormhole Delta 8 Gummy 30mg – These delicious wormhole gummies can take you on a no other ride if taken more than 2 at a time.
- JGO Delta-8 Sublingual Tincture – This tincture is a good way to start your day as it contains the cleanest and purest hemp extract. Available in 1000mg,1500mg and 2500mg bottles.
- Maui Labs DELTA 8 Disposable Vape 925mg – You can choose the strain – Sativa, Indica or Hybrid – in various flavors. Contains Hemp derived Delta-8 THC, CBD, CBN and <3% Delta-9 THC.