Did you know that throughout Hawaii, there is a growing interest in delta 8 THC? This mildly psychoactive cannabinoid has even been on the market for a few years now. Now, Hawaiians have seen a lot of changes in cannabis laws over recent times. Still, where does delta 8 lie when it comes to state law? And, if delta-8 is legalized in HI, where can natives purchase it in order to know that they are getting the highest-quality product possible?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Hawaii?
Hawaii is one of many states in which delta 8 THC is legal due to them following to federal law. The 2018 Farm Bill made hemp federally legal, as long as no hemp-based product contains beyond 0.3% delta 9 THC. There are no restrictions on milligram strength, product type, or possession amount. This means residents can enjoy the cannabinoid as they so desire. Whether they live in Honolulu Puna, Kohala, Kona, Kau or anywhere else in the state.
One thing to take note of, however, is that delta 8 THC is an intoxicating substance. Hence, why you should never go to work or drive after consuming it. Also, delta 8 is metabolized in the same way as delta 9. Meaning, using this cannabinoid can cause a positive drug test result.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Hawaii
Now that you know delta 8 THC is legal in Hawaii, you’ll want to make sure to purchase only from reputable sources so that you don’t end up with low-quality or even fake delta 8 products.
Keep in mind as well that even though marijuana is now legal throughout Hawaii, only hemp-derived delta 8 THC is currently considered legal, so make sure that your delta8-infused product comes from the hemp plant.
Some local shops carry delta 8, and a quick search on Google or Weedmaps can point you in their direction. But, any store that doesn’t specialize in hemp may end up selling low-quality delta 8, especially if local demand isn’t high. Look at online reviews of a store ahead of time to know you’re getting only high-quality, authentic delta 8.
Ultimately, it’s better to buy your delta 8 THC from a hemp retailer that has a good reputation for the hemp products they sell. This provides a number of advantages over in-person shopping.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
At Pure CBD Now, you will find only lab-tested, carefully formulated delta 8 from top-rated brands on the market. We offer a wide variety of delta 8 products in different product forms, formulas, milligram strengths, strains, and more from which users can choose from. Plus, we’re renowned for our fast shipping and excellent prices.
Have a good Hawaiian trip with tropical Delta 8 products from Pure CBD Now. Get a real dose in flavors that remind you of coconut trees and sea breeze. Order online some of the products:
- Delta 8 CBD Hash Sativa Black Hash – Mango Kush – 1g 20% CBD with pipe included. A ctrius blend that can take you on a smooth, carefree ride.
- iDelta8 Silver Delta 8 THC Tincture 1500mg 30ml 2:1 – You can choose from several flavors. Very easy to take and this provides you with 50mg of hemp per dose. Takes you on a calm experience. Recommended to those who are just starting with cannabinoids.
- Blue Moon Hemp D8 Flower – Available in 3.5g and 7g size. Strains to choose from are Bubba Kush, Sour Space Candy and Cowdaddy Crush. The strains contain 20% Delta THC and 10% CBD content except Sour Space Candy which has 16% CBD content.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
There are certain types of delta 8 vendors that should be strictly avoided, as they’re all too prone to selling very low-quality or fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Hawaii?
As you’ve already discovered with CBD, delta 8 THC comes in a wide range of product formulas that are all available for purchase to Hawaii’s residents. So, it is imperative to consider each one to figure out which’s right based on your unique preferences and goals.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are 510-threaded cartridges that attach to standard hemp vape pens, offering various strain options and consisting of pure delta 8 THC and terpenes.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposables are extremely user-friendly as they come with a battery and permanently attached cartridge, never requiring any recharging or refilling, while offering the same strain selection as above.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known for producing long-lasting effects and a distinctive body high sensation. You can find a nice selection of delicious flavors.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb through the sublingual tissue, coming in dropper bottles consisting of delta 8 distillate and a carrier oil. They produce a high that’s less potent than vapes but more potent than edibles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules work just like edibles, except they come in capsule form, containing a lower number of ingredients.
- Flower: D8 flower refers to pure hemp flower buds infused with delta 8 THC distillate, in lots of great strain options and both loose bud and pre-roll forms.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates that produce an extremely potent high, making them not as beginner-friendly. These are flash-vaporized with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb into the deep tissue to offer localized effects and are not intoxicating.
Do the Hula for Delta 8 THC in the Aloha State
Fortunately, delta 8 THC is fully legal throughout Hawaii, in all of its exciting product forms. To know that you’re getting only the cleanest, most effective, and highest-quality delta 8 possible, find a trusted online retailer that specializes in hemp. Here is where you will enjoy products made with the strictest standards anywhere.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.