Delta 8 THC has quickly become one of the most sought-after cannabinoids in the hemp plant thanks to its fascinating psychoactive properties that are known to be milder than those of delta 9 THC. Throughout the country, delta 8 laws can vary, and Kentuckians are eager to know what the law says about delta-8 in their state. Beyond that, residents are unsure as to where they can buy delta8 and know that they’re getting a legitimate, top-quality product in Kentucky.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Kentucky?
Kentucky is one of many states that adheres to the 2018 Farm Bill which federally legalized all hemp products containing a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC. In other words, KY permits adult residents to buy and use delta 8 THC as they so choose, with no restrictions when it comes to product type, milligram strength or purchase amount. These laws apply to all citizens. Including those living in areas such as Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort, Bowling Green, Somerset, and elsewhere.
Delta 8 THC is metabolized similarly to delta 9 THC. Meaning, that taking the cannabinoid will cause a positive drug test result. Also, you’ll want to keep in mind that delta 8 should not be taken prior to driving or working due to its intoxicating nature.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Kentucky
You shouldn’t just grab the first delta 8 THC that you see. Delta 8 can vary a lot in quality, as some brands have stricter standards than others. Even worse, it isn’t completely out of the realm of possibility that you’ll encounter fake delta-8.
Kentucky is also a state that strictly prohibits marijuana use. Essentially, you can only legally buy delta 8 THC that comes from the hemp plant, or else you’ll be breaking the law.
Google or Weedmaps can show you whether or not any local stores in your area carry delta 8 products. It’s important to take notice of stores that don’t specialize in hemp products, as they may not have those strict standards that result in high-quality delta 8 THC. Look at a store’s reviews online to see what others have to say about their delta-8.
A better option for buying delta 8 THC is finding a trusted online retailer that specializes in hemp products. This gives you plenty of benefits over shopping for it in-person.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
At Pure CBD Now, find only premium delta 8 products from highly reputable brands. We ensure that all of the delta 8 THC available on the website has been lab-tested and made with carefully sourced ingredients. Our company offers a massive selection to ensure everyone can find the perfect product type, milligram strength, strain, and more for a satisfying experience. Meanwhile, you can count on very fast shipping and affordable prices.
Pure CBD Now have a number of quality Delta 8 products, to name a few:
- Bubba Kush Delta 8 Pre-Roll 1.5 grams – Many people like the convenience that pre-rolls have to offer. Bubba Kush Delta-8 Pre-Rolls have 1.5grams of Delta 8 extracted from hemp. These pre-rolls provide a pleasant high without any effects.
- Blue Moon Hemp D8 and CBD Tincture 2000mg – Looking for a tincture that suits your taste and dose? Check out the Blue Moon Hemp Delta 8 and CBD tincture made from quality hemp flowers. Depending on the dose suited for you, this tincture provides the smooth and long lasting high and relaxation you look for,
- iDELTAX Disposable Delta 8 Vape Pen Full Gram – Contains no other mix except Delta 8. Can give you the full force of cannabis so brace yourself for a wonder ride. Choose from strains available.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Now that we have discussed the best options for buying your delta 8 THC products, let’s cover the places that are not recommended, since they are associated with low-quality standards.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Kentucky?
Throughout KY, residents are free to try out all kinds of delta 8 products that each deliver a unique experience. It’s usually very helpful to understand what to expect with each delta-8 product type on the market. Why? In order to select one that’s most likely to give you the experience you’re seeking out.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of delta 8 THC and terpenes, and you can find a very generous variety of strain options to choose from. These carts are 510-threaded to be compatible with any standard vape pen made for hemp oils.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposables are more user-friendly as they are all-in-one vaping setups with a pre-filled cartridge and battery that never needs to be charged. Disposables also come in many strains.
- Edibles: D8 edibles such as gummies are associated with the longest-lasting effects, along with an enjoyable body high sensation. Edibles come in a great array of tasty flavors to choose from.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are for sublingual administration, being oil-based formulas that come in dropper bottles. They are more potent than edibles, but not as potent as vapes.
- Capsules: D8 capsules offer the same type of experience as edibles, but they contain fewer ingredients, and are swallowed as a capsule.
- Flower: D8 flower is simple raw hemp flower infused with delta 8 THC. You can find a great variety of strains, that come in both loose bud and pre-roll form.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are non-beginner-friendly concentrates known for being extremely potent. They are “dabbed” or flash-vaporized with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb through the skin to offer localized effects to the deep tissue, making them not capable of getting the user high.
Delta 8 THC Always Wins in the Bluegrass State
Win/Place/Show, delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid according to Kentucky law. And, as an adult resident, you can enjoy any delta 8 product that’s available on the market. Remember, if you desire only the cleanest, highest-quality delta-8 possible, it’s best to find a trusted online retailer. Primarily, one that is known for their strict standards, to ensure maximum delta8 satisfaction.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.