Delta 8 THC, a cannabinoid found in hemp that promotes mild psychoactive effects, has been quickly becoming an enormously popular hemp derivative across the country. Marylanders who have embraced hemp thanks to its main cannabinoid, CBD, may have been wondering whether or not delta 8 is actually legal in their state. Since, well, delta 8 laws can vary from one state to the next essentially. So, is delta-8 legal in Maryland then, and if it is, where can a person buy both high in quality and completely authentic products?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Maryland?
Yes, delta 8 THC is legal for all adult Marylandians because the state adheres to the 2018 Farm Bill. It made hemp a federally legal plant, and legalized all of its derivatives including delta 8. The law simply reads that no hemp-infused product may contain more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Therefore, anyone of adult age in Maryland can purchase delta 8 THC regardless of product type or concentration, whether they live in Baltimore, Annapolis, Rockville, Frederick, Salisbury, or anywhere else in the state.
Because delta 8 THC is intoxicating, you still should not drive or go to work when under its influence. And, be aware that delta 8 and delta 9 are processed through the same metabolite in the body. Meaning, consuming delta-8 can cause a positive drug test result.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Maryland
Now, it’s time to consider where you’ll buy your delta 8 THC from. Not all delta 8 products are created equally, which is why you need to be selective about your source. The sad truth is that even fake delta 8 exists on today’s market.
Another thing to note is that you should only buy hemp-derived delta 8 THC. Basically, it’s made with higher industry standards. Marijuana-derived delta 8 also happens to be illegal in Maryland, as marijuana is not permitted throughout the state.
One option is to use Google or Weedmaps to find a local shop that carries delta-8 products. It is important to check a shop’s reviews before making a purchase as stores that don’t specialize in hemp may fail to offer top-quality delta 8 products, especially if local demand is low.
It is ideal to buy your delta 8 THC from a reputable online hemp retailer, as you’ll enjoy many advantages over shopping for it in-person.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now offers nothing but the finest delta 8 THC from top-rated brands throughout the industry. Each delta 8 product on the website has been lab-tested and carefully formulated. We offer a huge array of delta-8 products in various delivery methods, strengths, strains and more, to ensure something for every user. On top of that, our prices are hard to beat, and we pride ourselves on our fast shipping.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
There are some places that you should strictly avoid when buying delta 8 THC. Why? Primarily, because they are associated with low quality standards.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Maryland?
Delta 8 THC comes in a wide array of product forms that each offer a unique experience to the user. Knowing what’s available before going shopping can help you find that ideal product.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts contain a vape oil consisting of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, in many strain options. These 510-threaded carts are compatible with rechargeable vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are all-in-one devices that also come in many strains, but never require assembly, charging or refilling.
- Edibles: D8 edibles offer very long-lasting effects along with a distinctive body high experience. You can find lots of great flavors on the market today.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb sublingually (below the tongue), offering a potency level somewhere between vapes and edibles. Tinctures are oils that come in dropper bottles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules absorb and behave just like edibles do, but their formulas are simpler, and they obviously come in capsule form.
- Flower: D8 Flower is CBD flower that has been infused with pure delta 8 THC. You can find lots of great strains out there and choose between loose buds and pre-rolls.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates known for their extremely potent effects (better for experienced users) and are flash-vaporized using a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are not intoxicating due to absorbing into the deep tissue when applied to the skin, supplying only localized effects.
From the Bays to the Cities and Towns, Delta 8 THC is Available in the Old Line State
Since delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid for adult Maryland residents, you can start buying delta 8 and explore the wide array of products that are available. Because quality levels can vary so much, it is best to stick to a trusted online source for all of your delta-8 needs. Again, this is to ensure the most satisfaction possible.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.