Missourians who have largely embraced CBD are starting to show a keen interest in delta 8 THC. For those who don’t know, delta 8 is mildly psychoactive cannabinoid found in the hemp plant that offers its own exciting set of properties. Delta-8 has even quickly become one of the most sought-after hemp derivatives on the market. However, does that mean that anyone over the age of 18 living in Missouri can purchase it anywhere. Not only that, but possess it in a way that’s completely legal?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Missouri?
Delta 8 THC is, in fact, legal throughout Missouri, and this is because the state recognizes the 2018 Farm Bill which federally legalized the hemp plant and all derivatives containing no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. There are no restrictions on how much a resident can buy, or what types of products they may consume. Delta 8 laws in MO are the same whether you live in St Louis, Jefferson City, Springfield, Branson, or Joplin.
However, it’s important to remember that as delta 8 is psychoactive, driving or going to work under its influence is a bad idea. Further, delta 8 and delta 9 are metabolized in the same manner, which means that taking delta 8 can lead to a positive drug test result.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Missouri
Although delta 8 is legal in Missouri, that doesn’t mean you should buy any old product you happen to come across. Delta 8 can vary a lot in terms of quality, and sadly, there is always the risk of purchasing fake delta 8 if you’re not careful. There are certain sources that are known for offering better-quality delta 8 than others.
Keep in mind also that delta 8 should only come from the hemp plant. While marijuana laws are quite relaxed in Missouri, only hemp-derived delta 8 is technically considered legal throughout the country.
You can use Weedmaps or Google to try to find a local store that carries delta 8 products. Keep in mind that local hemp markets generally have low demand, which leads to lower quality standards in these locations. Therefore, look up reviews before buying delta-8 in a store in your area.
Overall, it’s better to buy your delta 8 online, from a trusted and established hemp retailer. This allows you to enjoy lots of advantages that you can’t get in person.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now is the ultimate one-stop shop for delta 8, as we offer a huge array of lab-tested, carefully formulated and federally compliant products from top-rated brands in a wide variety of delivery methods, strengths, strains, flavors and more. We also allow our customers to take advantage of refreshingly affordable prices and fast shipping for maximum satisfaction.
You can order Delta 8 products to be delivered to Missouri. Visit Pure CBD Now website for more product information. Here are some products that might interest you:
- Wild Orchard Delta-8 Vape JUUL Compatible Pods 500mg – Get to enjoy these 500mg full spectrum JUUL pods with natural terpenes. Choose from available strains and flavor.
- D8 Factory Delta 8 Vape Cartridges 1000mg – Compose of 1000mg of hemp-derived Delta 8 THC with different terpenes. This vape will surely take you on a potent but easy ride as you go through your daily routine. You have the option to choose flavors.
- Delta 8 Rechargeable & Disposable Vape Pens 1 Gram/900mg – Choose from available flavors. Has a .3 THC9 added. Delight in the use of this convenient disposable vape pen.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Now that we’ve shared the best places for finding delta 8 THC, it’s important to share the types of vendors that must be avoided as they are known to carry low-quality or even fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Missouri?
As you can see, delta 8 THC is yet another cannabinoid that is offered in a wide array of product types. It’s good to know what’s out there before shopping for delta 8 to know that you’re going to enjoy the product type that’s most suitable for you.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, and come in all kinds of great strain options. These cartridges are 510-threaded to attach to standard vape pen devices.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposables are all-in-one vaping setups that require no charging, assembly or refilling. They also come in lots of great strain choices.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known for their very long-lasting effects, as well as the body high that they offer. You can find lots of wonderful flavor options, especially in gummy form.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are absorbed sublingually, coming in convenient dropper bottles consisting of delta 8 oils. They are not as potent as vapes, but more potent than edibles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules behave just like edibles since they’re also ingested, but contain fewer ingredients and come in capsule form.
- Flower: D8 Flower is raw hemp flower infused with delta 8 THC. You can find both loose buds and pre-rolls in many strain options.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are very strong concentrates best for those with a high tolerance. They are flash-vaporized or “dabbed” with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are applied to the skin to absorb into the deep tissue, offering localized effects that are non-intoxicating.
The Show-Me State is Really Backing Up Delta 8 THC
Delta 8 THC is widely available to residents of Missouri, and fully legal in all of its exciting product forms. To know you’re getting only top-quality, federally compliant and lab-tested delta 8, stick to a trusted online name that has a strong reputation for delivering the best of the best hemp around.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.