Delta 8 THC is the cannabinoid that New Hampshirites are talking about, offering a mild psychoactive buzz on top of numerous valuable properties that have nothing to do with its intoxicating effects. If you’re a resident of New Hampshire, you might be wondering then where delta 8 can be purchased, and whether or not it’s even legal there. Knowing the local laws on the cannabinoid, along with where you can find only genuine, clean delta 8 products, is essential if you want to explore the effects of this celebrated hemp derivative.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in New Hampshire?
Yes, delta 8 THC is legal in New Hampshire. Why? Because NH recognizes federal law on hemp matters, and the 2018 Farm Bill made the hemp plant legal on a federal level. As long as a delta 8 product contains no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC, it can be sold legally. So, there are no restrictions when it comes to the type of product being purchased, how concentrated it might be, or how much they may purchase. These laws apply whether the resident lives in Concord, Manchester, Keene, Portsmouth, Nashua, or anywhere else in the state.
Keep in mind, however, that delta 8 THC causes intoxication. Hence, you should not drive after taking it, or go to work. Also, because delta 8 uses the same mechanisms to metabolize as delta 9, taking the compound can lead to a failed drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in New Hampshire
Before buying the first delta 8 product that you encounter, make sure to carefully consider where you’re buying it from. Not all delta 8 is made with high quality standards, and there are even fakes on the market.
Furthermore, marijuana is illegal in New Hampshire, which is why you need to ensure that the delta 8 you’re buying comes from the hemp plant.
Some local stores may carry delta-8, so you can use Google or Weedmaps to find ones that do. Now, if a store doesn’t specialize in hemp, and if local demand isn’t high enough, you have a good chance of ending up with low-quality products. Check a store’s reviews to make sure they’re carrying only legit, high-quality delta 8.
The more preferred option is finding a trusted online retailer that specializes in hemp, as this gives you lots of advantages.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now carries an enormous selection of delta 8 products in various delivery methods, strengths, strains, flavors, etc. All, while knowing that you are only buying products made by top-rated brands in the industry. We ensure that every delta-8 product on our website has been lab-tested and carefully formulated. Plus, if that wasn’t enough, our affordable prices coupled with fast shipping times are some of the best anywhere.
Here are some products that Pure CBD Now can deliver to New Hampshire residents. Order them online:
- D8 Factory CBG Delta 8 Hemparettes 1000mg Pack – These hemparettes offer fresh flavor smokes as well as bioavailable cannabonoids. Contain CBG (cannabigerol) and delta 8 (delta-8 THC). CBG Delta 8.
- iDELTA8 Diamond – Delta 8 Dab Syringe – Contain Delta 8 with pure cannabis terpenes. Full gram that should offer the power that only delta 8 can provide.
- Strain Snobs – Delta 8 Gummies – Allows a totally unique experience as the gummy is being absob by the body. Has 25mg of Delta 8 THC along with a delicious flavor. Only one gummy to get you through your busy day.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
It’s well-known that certain types of delta 8 vendors should be completely avoided, as they too, are likely to be selling low-quality or fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in New Hampshire?
Throughout NH, residents are free to try out all kinds of delta 8 products that each deliver a unique experience. It’s always helpful to know what to expect with each type of delta-8 product on the market. Why? In order to select one that’s most likely to give you the experience you’re seeking out.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are pre-filled with a blend of delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, with many strains to choose from. They are made to attach to standard 510-threaded vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes consist of a battery and cartridge already attached, with no need to charge or refill the vaping device at any point. You’ll find that disposables also come in many strains to choose from.
- Edibles: D8 edibles provide the longest-lasting effects and an enjoyable body high sensation. There are lots of tasty flavors on today’s market.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures feel more potent than edibles, but less potent than vapes. These delta 8 THC oils absorb below the tongue and come in numerous strength options.
- Capsules: D8 capsules consist of delta 8 THC oil in capsule form, and they behave just like edibles once absorbed, but with a simpler formula
- Flower: D8 flower takes the flower buds of the hemp plant and infuses them with pure delta 8 THC distillate. You’ll find both pre-roll and loose bud options in various strains.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are not for beginners, since they’re very potent concentrates that are dabbed (flash-vaporized) with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are non-intoxicating, since they absorb through the skin and affect the deep tissue in a localized manner.
The Switzerland of America Has Made a Home for Delta 8 THC
Overall, delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid in New Hampshire, with all product types available for adult residents. No matter which type of delta 8 formula you purchase, make sure it comes from a trusted retailer such as an online hemp company. This way, you’ll know you are getting authentic, lab-tested, and federally compliant products for the best experience possible.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.