Throughout the ‘701’, there is a growing interest in the hemp plant and its many derivatives, including delta 8 THC. Delta 8 is a cannabinoid best known for offering a mild psychoactive buzz to the user, and it provides numerous useful properties. Any North Dakotan then looking to explore the delta-8 market needs to understand what North Dakota law has to say about the compound. Plus, you’ll want to know where you should and shouldn’t buy delta 8 products. Why? In order to ensure that you end up with only premium-quality delta 8 THC.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8. This offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in North Dakota?
As it turns out, delta 8 is a fully legal derivative of the hemp plant throughout North Dakota due to the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill. This made hemp and its derivatives legal, stating only that no delta 8 product may contain more than 0.3% delta 9 THC by dry weight. There are no restrictions on possession amount, product type, or milligram strength per product. These laws apply to all adult residents in ND, whether they live in Fargo, Bismarck, or anywhere else in the state.
However, keep in mind that because delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC are processed by the body in a similar manner, taking delta 8 will cause a positive drug test result. Also, you should never drive or go to work after taking delta 8 due to its intoxicating nature.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in North Dakota
As you may already know, not all delta 8 THC is created equally. In fact, you may even come across fake delta 8 on the market. This is why you should only go with certain sources that carry delta-8 products.
Marijuana remains illegal in North Dakota. Why does this matter? Well, you can only legally purchase delta-8 products that come from the hemp plant, which are available in our industry.
You can use Google or Weedmaps to find local stores that do carry delta 8 THC. However, stores that don’t specialize in hemp, as well as stores in areas with low local demand, may not offer high-quality products. Do a search for online reviews to ensure that a store carries good-quality delta 8.
You can go about this in one of two ways:
The better alternative is buying your delta 8 from a reputable online hemp retailer, as this provides you with loads of advantages.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now offers one of the widest selections of delta 8 you’ll find anywhere. We strictly carry lab-tested delta 8 products from top-rated brands. You’ll find many delivery methods, product types, formulas, strains, strengths, and more to enjoy the delta 8 experience you desire. Plus, our company provides both fast shipping and very affordable prices.
Delta 8 products can be purchased from Pure CBD Now. Delivered at your doorstep. Here are some products:
- Wild Orchard Delta-8 Vape JUUL Compatible Pods 500mg – Contain Delta 8 THC oil with natural terpenes. You can choose the strain and taste to include.
- D8 HI Delta 8 Cartridge 900MG – Amazing flavors and quality that can satisfy your need for Delta 8. Effects are longer and quicker.
- D8 Factory Delta 8 Infused Flowers – Infused flowers bring you closer to the source and nature. Comes in different strains that provide an effective, stronger experience that only the use of infused flowers can provide.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
In general, there are some sources that should be avoided when shopping for delta 8. Mainly, due to not having a reputation for offering high-quality products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in North Dakota?
Nowadays, it is quite simple to find all kinds of unique delta 8 products on the market. Each type essentially offers a one-of-a-kind experience. Just as important is knowing what every product formula can provide so you can choose the one most likely to satisfy your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are pre-filled with vape oil containing delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, with many strains to choose from. These carts are 510-threaded to be compatible with standard vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes contain the same vape oil formula and offer the same strain selection, while being all-in-one vaping systems that require no charging, assembly or refilling.
- Edibles: D8 edibles come in lots of great flavors, and are known for providing the longest-lasting effects and an enjoyable body high.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are absorbed sublingually, consisting of oil formulas that come in dropper bottles. They are not as potent as vapes, but more potent than edibles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules simply encapsulate delta 8 THC oil while behaving just like edibles once absorbed.
- Flower: D8 flower is CBD flower infused with pure delta 8 THC, with many strains to choose from and both loose bud and pre-roll options available.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are very potent concentrates made for dabbing (flash-vaporizing). They are very strong which is why they’re best for experienced users.
- Topicals: D8 topicals offer localized effects to the deep tissue through transdermal absorption, and will not cause the user to get high.
Get the Most Outta Delta 8 THC in the Roughrider State
Thankfully, delta 8 THC is fully legal for all adult residents living in North Dakota. This means that all that you need to worry about is finding the highest-quality delta 8 possible. This is why it’s best to find a trusted online retailer that offers federally compliant, carefully formulated and lab-tested delta 8, which is the most likely to deliver a sublime delta 8 THC experience.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.