Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s gotten a surprising amount of buzz – no pun intended – over the last couple of years thanks to its mild psychoactive effects paired with its distinctive properties that relate to the body’s nervous system. The delta 8 market has exploded. And, that wouldn’t be possible if not for the fact that it complies with federal law. But, state laws can vary when it comes to the legalization of individual cannabis derivatives. So, Pennsylvanians naturally want to know then exactly where Pennsylvania stands before investing in a delta-8 product.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes, delta 8 THC is fully legal throughout Pennsylvania. The 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp federally and determined that all hemp derivatives are legal as long as they contain a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC. PA essentially permits adult residents to buy delta 8 in any product type and concentration. There are no restrictions on possession or purchase amount. Regardless, whether they reside in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Reading, Wilkes-Barre, Allentown, Scranton, Hershey, Lancaster, West Chester, Gettysburg, Norristown, Erie, or any other part of the state.
Take note that’s recommended not to consume delta 8 THC if you have to drive or work. You will become intoxicated. Keep in mind, too, that delta 8 and delta 9 are alike in terms of how they are processed by the body. Hence, using delta-8 could trigger a positive drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Pennsylvania
Before you run out and purchase the first delta 8 product you can find, know that delta 8 THC can vary a lot in terms of quality. There is even fake delta 8 on the market. It’s important to find a good source for your delta 8, which can exist in one of two avenues.
Also, remember that delta 8 and marijuana have a lot in common, so make sure that you are buying delta-8 and not a marijuana-based product, even though marijuana is legal in this state.
Some local shops in your area may carry delta 8 products, and a simple Google search or Weedmaps search can point you in their direction. Just keep in mind that these shops likely don’t specialize in delta 8. Meaning, you may end up with low-quality products and a poor selection due to low local demand. Always look at reviews before visiting a shop, to know they’re carrying genuine delta-8.
This is where you typically have better options overall. Most delta 8 enthusiasts prefer to buy their products online, as there are many benefits over buying it locally.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now offers one of the largest selections of delta 8 products that you’ll find anywhere. We strictly carry brands that follow lab-testing protocol and work with properly sourced ingredients and hemp extraction methods. With so many formulas, strengths, strains, and flavors to choose from, you will be able to enjoy a fully customized delta-8 experience. All, while taking advantage of our fast shipping and affordable prices.
Here are some Pure CBD Now products that can be delivered to Pennsylvania:
- Koi Delta 8 THC Disposable Vape Bars – 1 gram of bliss and you can choose your flavor. Convenient hemp-derived Delta 8 plus terpenes. Use this vape bar any time of the day.
- iDelta8 GOLD – Topical Salve 1500mg Delta 8 + CBD 1:1 – Tired muscles and pain can have benefits from this salve. This has Delta 8, essential oils plus peppermint for added comfort.
- DIAMOND – iDelta8 Softgel Capsules – In 500mg and 1000mg count. This Delta 8 softgel capsules can be taken anywhere as they are convenient and discrete. Provides a smooth ride.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
When shopping for most other products that you need, the same guidance should apply – when looking to make a purchase, there are places that should be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Pennsylvania?
You’ll quickly find that delta 8, like CBD, comes in a huge selection of product types to choose from. It’s important to be aware of what is available. Why? So that you have a clear idea of what you’re looking for when the time comes to go shopping.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts contain vape oil, consisting of delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, in a large strain selection. Can attach to reusable 510-threaded vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are fully assembled and require zero charging or filling of vape oil, making them highly beginner-friendly. Also come in a large strain variety.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are associated with several hours of effects and a unique body high experience. Available in a huge array of delicious flavors, and gummies are the most popular.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are administered to the sublingual tissue (below the tongue). Their potency and duration of effects is somewhere between vapes and edibles. However, their effects tend to be gentler than vapes.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are encapsulated forms of delta 8 THC oil which can offer the same long-lasting effects as edibles, with fewer ingredients
- Flower: D8 Flower is raw CBD flower infused with delta 8 THC distillate. You can find both pre-rolls and loose buds in a large variety of strains.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are high-strength concentrates that deliver very potent effects through flash-vaporization with a dabbing device. Better suited for users with a high delta 8 THC tolerance.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb into localized deep tissue when applied to the skin, so the user cannot get high with them.
Get the Most Outta Delta 8 THC in the Keystone State
As you can now see, delta 8 THC is a completely legal hemp derivative according to PA law. Meaning, all adult residents in the Western or Eastern of the state can scope out which delta 8 delivery method(s) could work for them. However, to know you’re getting only the highest-quality delta-8 out there, we recommend an online source with a good reputation; for certainty that the delta8 is compliant, pure, and lab-tested.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.