Delta 8 THC is a minor cannabinoid in the hemp plant that’s proving to be high in demand thanks to its fascinating psychoactive properties and other valuable effects it can offer to the body. South Carolinians who have experienced success with CBD are naturally showing an interest in giving delta 8 a try. However, it’s important to first have a clear idea on South Carolina laws regarding delta-8. Not only that, but understanding how to source the cannabinoid in order to ensure quality and authenticity.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8. This offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in South Carolina?
Good news is that South Carolina is one of many states in which delta 8 is fully legal. The 2018 Farm Bill made the hemp plant legal on a federal level, and SC adheres to federal law on this matter. The only stipulation is that no delta 8 product may have more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. There are no restrictions pertaining to product type, purchase amount, or concentration. Plus, the laws are the same. Whether you live in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Greenville, Florence, Rock Hill or anywhere else in the state.
Keep in mind, however, that since delta 8 THC is intoxicating, so you should never drive or go to work after taking it. On top of that, delta 8 and delta 9 are metabolized through the same means in the body, which is why taking delta 8 will result in a failed drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in South Carolina
Remember that not all delta 8 THC is created equally. There is even fake delta 8 lurking on the market. So, you’ll want to go with only trustworthy avenues when it comes to buying.
Also, you should only buy delta-8 that is derived from the hemp plant, as marijuana-derived delta 8 THC is not legal in South Carolina.
Both Google and Weedmaps can point you in the direction of local shops that carry delta 8 products. However, these shops may not have high-quality products if they don’t specialize in hemp, and/or if local demand is not high. Look at online reviews of a store ahead of time to know that they carry quality, legit delta 8 products.
The best option of all is buying your delta 8 from a trusted online retailer that specializes in hemp. It allows you to enjoy all kinds of shopping advantages over buying it in person.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now lets you enjoy a huge selection of delta 8 products that come from top-rated brands. All of them contain lab-tested hemp and carefully sourced ingredients. We offer a gigantic array of product types, strains, strengths, flavors, and more, while both our shipping times and prices are hard to beat.
South Carilina can now enjoy these Delta 8 products from Pure CBD Now. These are just a few of their quality products:
- DIAMOND – iDelta8 Softgel Capsules – Available in 500mg and 1000mg count. These softget capsules contain Delta THC for your daily dose.
- JGO Permatrip Gummy Squares 1500mg – Each A sweet treat with tnough dose of Delta 8 for your satisfaction. These watermelon flavored gummies are for those who prefer edibles than other products. Provide a smooth high all throughout the day.
- DELTA 10 Vape Cartridge Full Spectrum 1ml – Choose from available strains. Full spectrum cannabinoid and terpene for maximum trips.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Now that you know the best places for buying your delta 8 THC, let’s cover the sources that will likely disappoint due to low quality standards, which should therefore be completely avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in South Carolina?
Just like you’ve noticed with CBD, delta 8 THC can be purchased in a wide array of product types. It’s helpful to know what each product type offers. Why? Well, so that you can purchase a delta 8 product that’s most likely to satisfy your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes in numerous strain options. These carts are 510-threaded, making them compatible with standard hemp vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposables offer the same vape oil formula and strain selection, but consist of a fully attached battery and cartridge that never need to be charged or refilled.
- Edibles: D8 edibles like gummies deliver the longest-lasting delta 8 THC effects, with a body high sensation that’s unique. You can find lots of great flavor choices out there.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures offer sublingual administration, consisting of delta 8 THC distillate diluted in a carrier oil. Their effects are less potent than vapes and more potent than edibles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules behave just like edibles, but come in the form of encapsulated delta 8 THC oil with fewer ingredients.
- Flower: D8 flower is simple CBD flower enhanced with pure delta 8 THC, and you can find great strain options in both loose bud and pre-roll form.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are powerful concentrates (generally too potent for newbies) that yield highly potent effects when flash-vaporized (“dabbed”) with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb through the skin and into the localized tissue for localized effects, and they will not get you high.
From the Golf Courses to the Beaches, Enjoy Delta 8 THC in The Palmetto State
Since delta 8 THC is fully legal throughout South Carolina, adult residents there can select from any product they encounter on the market. Still, to know that you’re getting only pure, authentic, and high-quality delta 8, go with a trusted online source that specializes in the hemp plant. This is where you will enjoy products that are federally compliant, third-party-tested, and made with the best ingredients possible.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.