Delta 8 THC is the cannabinoid from the hemp plant best recognized for its mild psychoactive buzz. And, all over America, people can’t get enough of it. For Utahans, delta 8 is a little more complicated, whether they live in Ogden, Salt Lake City, Park City, Provo, or anywhere else in the state. It’s important that as a Utah resident, you’re aware of state laws regarding this compound. Not just that, but its availability for purchase.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a different kind of cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8. That’s how it can provide about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
How Natural is Delta 8 THC Considered Be?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Utah?
Unfortunately, Utah is one of a small number of states that does not allow residents to legally purchase delta 8 at this time. The U.S. 2018 Farm Bill legalized the hemp plant, making all products containing a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC federally legal. This means that while delta 8 is legal federally, it is not legal in UT.
Where to One Day Purchase Delta 8 THC in Utah
The bottom line is that Utah residents cannot legally purchase delta 8 products within their home state. But, if things change in the future, it’s important to know where you can find delta 8 that’s clean, high in quality and legitimate.
At Pure CBD Now, you can choose from a massive variety of delta 8 vapes, gummies, tinctures, flower and more, while enjoying some of the best prices and fastest shipping times. We maintain very strict quality standards, carrying only the most highly reputable brands in the industry, to ensure that each product you receive from us is a product that you can trust.
What Potential Places Should Be Avoided When Buying Delta 8 THC?
There are some types of delta 8 retailers that should be strictly avoided. Why? Because they’re known to carry very low-quality or sometimes fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Purchase in Utah Hopefully Down the Line?
Just like CBD, delta 8 is a cannabinoid that comes in all kinds of exciting product forms, and if Utah ever does legalize delta 8, these are the kinds of products that you will be able to choose from.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are vape oil cartridges that attach to 510-threaded vape pens, and come in lots of great strain choices.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are all-in-one vape setups that also come in numerous strains, and at no point need to be charged, assembled or filled with vape oil.
- Edibles: D8 edibles including gummies allow you to enjoy a tasty flavor while experiencing up to 8 hours of effects, including a more prominent body high.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb below the tongue, and consist of pure delta 8 distillate and a carrier oil. Their duration of effects is somewhere between edibles and vapes.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are ultimately considered edibles, and behave in the same way, but come in a swallowable capsule form.
- Flower: D8 flower is raw hemp flower that has been infused with pure delta 8, and comes in both pre-roll and loose bud form, with lots of strains to choose from.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are extremely potent concentrates best for experienced users, which are vaporized at high temperatures using a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are absorbed through the skin, affecting only localized muscle and joint tissue without producing a high.
Don’t Give Up Hope in the Beehive State
Ultimately, delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that is considered illegal in Utah. However, as more states embrace delta-8 with open arms, UT may change course in the future due to growing pressure. Therefore, the cannabinoid may become legal at some point, and perhaps sooner than you think.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay. It’s simply a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.
Purchase Delta 8 products from Pure CBD Now. Choose from the different categories they have.
- Strain Snobs – Delta 8 Gummies – For your daily dose of Delta 8 THC through edible form. The effect will be felt all throughout the day cpntains 25mg of Delta 8 THC along with a delicious flavor.
- iDELTA8 Diamond – Delta 8 Dab Syringe Full Gram – If you want a full potent experience with Delta 8 then this product is for you. Available in several terpenes.
- D8 Hi Delta 8 Cookies 500MG – Choose the flavor – chocolate, cinnamon or peanut butter. A good choice for a Delta 8 edible.
- More Delta 8 products, click on link.