Did you know delta 8 THC is a mildly psychoactive cannabinoid found in the hemp plant? In fact, it has even quickly become a top seller on the hemp market. You can see why then Vermonters are naturally eager to explore its effects for themselves. But, those living in Burlington, Stowe, Montpelier, and elsewhere need to know what state law says about buying delta 8. Not only that, but whether or not it’s available for purchase in Vermont.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Vermont?
At this time, delta 8 THC is strictly illegal in the state of Vermont. The 2018 Farm Bill made hemp federally legal by declaring all hemp products containing no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC lawful for residents. Therefore, delta 8 THC is a federally legal cannabinoid. However, VT, among a handful of others, have completely banned the hemp derivative.
Where to One Day Purchase Legal Delta 8 THC in Vermont
For the time-being, those who live in Vermont may not legally purchase delta 8 THC anywhere. But, if the law changes in the future, it’s important to know how to shop for delta 8 that’s both legitimate and high in quality.
At Pure CBD Now, you’ll find only the finest delta 8 vapes, gummies, tinctures and more from top-rated brands including our own, at some of the best prices and shipping times available on the market. We strictly carry lab-tested delta 8 products made with carefully sourced ingredients, to ensure that each product we carry is of the finest quality possible.
What Potential Places Should Be Avoided When Buying Delta 8 THC?
There are some types of delta 8 retailers that should be strictly avoided, as they are known to carry very low-quality or sometimes fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Purchase in Vermont Hopefully Down the Line?
In the event that delta 8 is eventually legalized in the state of Vermont, here are the types of products that you can expect to find.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts refer to pre-filled, 510-threaded vape oil cartridges that come in an excellent choice of strains.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes pre-filled, pre-charged all-in-one vaping devices that never need to be charged or otherwise maintained. Also come in lots of great strain options.
- Edibles: D8 edibles like gummies are known for delivering up to 8 hours of effects, along with a blissful body high sensation, with lots of great flavors to choose from.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are for sublingual absorption, and they come in dropper bottles for easy administration.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are considered a type of edible that consists of delta 8 distillate in gel cap form.
- Flower: D8 flower is pure hemp flower buds infused with delta 8 THC distillate, with many strains to choose from in both pre-rolls and loose buds.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates that yield extremely potent levels of delta 8 THC (generally too potent for beginners). These are “dabbed” or flash-vaporized through a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are applied to the skin to offer localized effects to the muscles and joints. They will not cause a high.
The Green Mountain State May Change its Mind on Delta 8
Right now, delta 8 THC is strictly illegal for all residents of Vermont. But, the good news is that this may change in the future. As more states are embracing delta 8, VT may decide to legalize this cannabinoid at last.
Note: Recommended to keep up on the laws periodically since this can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on it. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay. After all, it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.