Throughout West Virginia, there is a growing interest in delta 8 THC, the mildly psychoactive cannabinoid that has been on the market for a few years now. West Virginians have seen a lot of changes in cannabis laws over recent times. But, where exactly does delta 8 lie when it comes to state law? And, if delta-8 is a legal cannabinoid there, where can adult residents purchase it to know that they’re getting the highest-quality product possible?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in West Virginia?
West Virginia is one of many states in which delta 8 is legal due to their adherence to federal law. The 2018 Farm Bill made hemp federally legal, as long as no hemp-based product contains beyond 0.3% delta 9 THC. There are no restrictions on milligram strength, product type of possession amount, and so WV residents can enjoy the cannabinoid as they so desire, whether they live in Charleston, Morgantown, Martinsburg, or anywhere else in the state.
One thing to take note of, however, is that delta 8 THC is an intoxicating substance, which is why you should never go to work or drive after consuming it. Also, delta 8 is metabolized in the same way as delta 9. Meaning, using the cannabinoid can cause a positive drug test result.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in West Virginia
Now that you know delta 8 is legal in West Virginia, make sure to only be buying from reputable sources. Why? So that you don’t end up with low-quality or even fake delta 8 products.
Keep in mind as well that even though wellness marijuana is now legal throughout West Virginia, only hemp-derived delta 8 THC is currently considered legal, so make sure that your delta 8 comes from the hemp plant.
Some local shops carry delta 8, and a quick search on Google or Weedmaps can point you in their direction. But, any store that doesn’t specialize in hemp may end up selling low-quality delta 8 THC, especially if local demand isn’t high. Look at online reviews of a store ahead of time to know you’re getting only high-quality, authentic delta 8.
Ultimately, it’s better to buy your delta 8 THC from a hemp retailer that has a good reputation for the hemp products they sell. This provides a number of advantages over in-person shopping such as the following:
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
At Pure CBD Now, you’ll find only lab-tested, carefully formulated delta 8 THC from top-rated brands on the market. We offer a wide variety of delta 8 products in different product forms, formulas, milligram strengths, strains and more from which you can choose. And, we’re renowned for our fast shipping and excellent prices.
Here are are some Delta 8 products:
- Hemp Living Delta 8 THC Pot Rocks 100mg – These pot rocks come inGraoe, Strawberry and Watermelon flavor. Feel the effect of Delta 9 faster and for a long period of time with these pot rocks. Each packet contain 100mg of hemp extracted Delta 8 THC.
- Koi Delta 8 THC Tinctures 1000mg – A good way to absorb Delta 8 THC is through these tinctures which have a number of flavors to choose from. Each bottle contains 1000mg of Delta THC to help you have balance in your day to day life.
- Mystic Labs™ Delta-8 Pain Relief Rub 4oz (600mg) – Muscle pain, strains and aches will have relief from this Delta 8 rub. The rub has added menthol for a cooler effect.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
There are certain types of delta 8 THC vendors that should be strictly avoided, as they’re all too prone to selling very low-quality or fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in West Virginia?
Delta 8 THC, like CBD, comes in all kinds of product forms from which you can choose. These are the product forms that you can explore as a WV resident.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are 510-threaded cartridges that attach to standard hemp vape pens, offering various strain options and consisting of pure delta 8 THC and terpenes.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposables are extremely user-friendly as they come with a battery and permanently attached cartridge, never requiring any recharging or refilling, while offering the same strain selection as above.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known for producing long-lasting effects and a distinctive body high sensation. You can find a nice selection of delicious flavors.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb through the sublingual tissue, coming in dropper bottles consisting of delta 8 THC distillate and a carrier oil. They produce a high that’s less potent than vapes but more potent than edibles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules work just like edibles, except they come in capsule form, containing a lower number of ingredients.
- Flower: D8 flower refers to pure hemp flower buds infused with delta 8 THC distillate, in lots of great strain options and both loose bud and pre-roll forms.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates that produce an extremely potent high, making them not as beginner-friendly. These are flash-vaporized with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb into the deep tissue to offer localized effects and are not intoxicating.
Reach for the Top Delta 8 THC in the Mountain State
Fortunately, delta 8 THC is fully legal throughout West Virginia, in all of its exciting product forms. To know that you’re getting only the cleanest, most effective, and highest-quality delta 8 possible, find a trusted online retailer that specializes in hemp. This is where you will enjoy products made with the strictest standards anywhere.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.