We took a closer look at the best natural product for pain, CBD, Kratom, or Delta-8!
If you have been struggling to find pain relief using traditional pharmaceutical pain medication, finding a natural alternative such as Kratom, CBD, or Delta 8 could be preferable. Currently, the world is dealing with a global opioid epidemic. So it’s no surprise that many people are looking for natural alternatives to help them deal with pain.
In the following article, we’ll look at three options for natural pain relief, Kratom, CBD, and Delta 8, and the pros and cons of using each product.
You can shop our full range of CBD and Delta-8 products online here.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom has been used traditionally in many Southeast Asian countries, including Malaysia, Thailand, Papua New Guinea, and Indonesia. Kratom is made from the leaves of the Evergreen Tree, and the two main ingredients responsible for the psychoactive effects are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymytragynine.
The leaves of the Evergreen Tree are typically crushed and turned into tea, but there are also some concentrated versions available. The results of using Kratom can vary widely due to its unreliable strengths and dosages. There have been some studies of Kratom as a natural pain reliever, but more controlled clinical human trials are needed before any medical claims can be made about Kratom’s ability to reduce pain.
Pros and Cons of Using Kratom for Pain Relief
Let’s look at the pros and cons of using Kratom for pain relief!
- Kratom is 100% natural.
- Kratom can act as a stimulant, but it also can be a sedative in high doses while also acting on the same receptors as opioids which could make it an alternative to opioid pain relief.
- Kratom is unregulated, which makes identifying strength and dosage very difficult.
- The amounts of the two active ingredients in Kratom can fluctuate wildly from plant to plant, which makes it hard to determine how much you should use.
- Side effects of Kratom can be unpleasant when you take too much, and because it’s unregulated, finding high-quality and safe Kratom can be difficult.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is considered to be one of the two dominant cannabinoids in hemp, along with the other dominant cannabinoid, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, unlike THC, CBD isn’t psychoactive and won’t get you high. CBD is sourced from hemp, which contains over 100 different cannabinoids that scientists have discovered so far.
CBD interacts with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). The ECS is made up of a series of receptors, and scientists believe that it’s responsible for regulating several critical bodily functions, including pain response, immune response, sleep, memory, mood, and hormones.
Pros and Cons of Using CBD for Pain Relief
Let’s look at the pros and cons of using CBD for pain relief!
- CBD is 100% natural and legal thanks to the 2018 US Farm Bill, which legalized the production of hemp and goods from hemp at a federal level as long as they contain less than 0.3% THC.
- Studies have shown that CBD is a potent natural anti-inflammatory which means that it could be effective at reducing inflammation and pain associated with inflammation, especially in joints and muscles.
- CBD won’t get you high regardless of how much you take.
- CBD is highly versatile and has a variety of delivery methods, including smoking, vaping, edibles, tinctures, concentrates, and topicals.
- Some studies have shown that CBD works better for pain relief when combined with THC.
- We still need to study CBD’s pain relief properties more to fully understand its effectiveness in pain relief.
What Is Delta-8?
There are two major cannabinoids found in hemp, CBD and THC, but also over 100 minor cannabinoids, such as Delta-8 THC, which may offer a variety of benefits. While CBD and THC have got a lot of attention over the years, minor cannabinoids such as Delta 8 are only just starting to be studied as their popularity increases.
Similar to traditional THC, many people have reported that the high from Delta 8 is much smoother and lacks the anxiety and paranoia of traditional THC. Delta 8 activates the same CB1 receptors in the ECS as Delta 9 THC.
Pros and Cons of Using Delta 8 for Pain Relief
Let’s look at the pros and cons of using Delta 8 for pain relief!
Delta 8 Pros:
- Delta 8 is 100% natural and can be sourced from hemp, which is legal under the 2018 US Farm Bill.
- Although Delta 8 is similar to traditional THC, the high is less intense, and users report that their anxiety and paranoia weren’t affected similarly. Instead, many people reported that using Delta 8 left them feeling relaxed and clear-headed without any fogginess.
- Delta 8 is highly versatile with various delivery methods, including vaping, edibles, and concentrates.
Delta 8 Cons:
- The legal status of Delta 8 can vary from state to state, so check your local regulations.
- Determining the dosage of Delta 8 can be tricky.
There you go! What’s better for pain, Kratom, CBD, or Delta 8, and the pros and cons of using each of these natural compounds. Dealing with pain relief can be tricky, especially for those that suffer from chronic pain conditions. However, if you’re trying to find natural alternatives to traditional pharmaceutical pain relief products, many of which are opioid-based and highly addictive, these natural choices may be preferable.
Thanks for reading about which was better for pain, Kratom, CBD, or Delta-8. If you want to learn more about cannabinoids, be sure to check out our other cannabis blogs. Also, if you have questions about any of the exciting new cannabinoids hitting the market, don’t hesitate to contact us directly. Our friendly and professional team is always happy to help with any cannabis-related questions.
If you’re currently using any prescribed medication, always speak with your doctor or healthcare professional before taking any cannabinoid products. It can potentially interfere with how your body processes certain prescription medications.