Updated September 6th, 2020
If you’re just getting into the world of dabbing CBD, you’ve probably figured out by now that you need to use a specialized device in order to enjoy hemp’s many exciting compounds in this unique and concentrated way. Whether you’re going with dabs, waxes or shatter, you can’t just shove your concentrate into any old vaporizer or blend it into a tincture formula and hope for the best. CBD concentrates have been extracted using methods that are different from the ones that we associate with more commercially popular hemp products such as edibles and vape oils. As such, they require their own methods of delivery.
That’s where dabbing devices come in. As dabbing is becoming increasingly popular due to its ability to provide an especially potent experience, we’re seeing that more companies are releasing exceptional dabbing systems and devices for users to choose from.
With that said, let’s dive into how to go about choosing a device for your particular concentrate.
Analog devices are simply non-electronic devices that people have been using for decades. Before vaping came along, we smoked our concentrates, and this is still a relatively popular way to consume concentrates.
Traditional analog dabbing devices are compatible with all three types of concentrates: dabs, waxes and shatter. That’s because of the unique mechanisms involved in these types of devices. They look a lot like glass bongs, except they have a dab rig attached to them. The concentrate goes on what’s referred to as a nail, and this is a heat-resistant component that can withstand the high temperatures from a butane heat source. Butane is applied to the nail which heats the concentrate to the right temperature so that it can be easily inhaled into the lungs.
Today, there are still a lot of traditional dabbing devices on the market. Now, remember that this method produces smoke rather than vapor. If you’re not interested in combustible methods, you may want to go with a vaporizer device instead.
Vaping is easily the most popular way to consume hemp concentrates, whether they be dabs, waxes or shatter. This is for a few reasons. For one thing, vaporizers tend to be more discreet, both because of their portable designs and the fact that vapor produces less of a smell than smoke. Additionally, many of them come with customizable features that let users control many elements of their dabbing experience, from temperature to output.
Vaping devices utilize chambers rather than nails, and these chambers are also made from heat-resistant materials such as quartz or ceramic. When the device is fired, the battery heats up the chamber, allowing the product to vaporize.
It’s important to point out that if you desire to vape your concentrates, you must go with a device that is clearly intended for dabbing. You can’t just throw your concentrate into a regular vaping device like the kind that is used with CBD e-liquids.
And, it’s also important to point out that while many dabbing devices on the market today are compatible with all three types of concentrates, some clearly specify that they are only compatible with one or two. So, always read through the description of the product before making a purchase.
Now, let’s discuss the types of dabbing vaporizers that are on the market today.
Pocket-Friendly Dabbing Devices
This is a very small and compact vaporizer that, as the description implies, is compact enough to fit into a pocket. This type of device is very convenient. However, it does only have a small chamber, which means that it’s not ideal for those who vape a lot of concentrate throughout the day. It’s better suited for those who want to vape their concentrate in small amounts when they’re away from home, without drawing attention to themselves.
Tabletop Dabbing Vaporizers
These are very large vaporizer devices that are designed to give you large amounts of vapor per puff. Obviously, they aren’t very portable, but they are great for those who want a highly potent experience with their concentrates. Another bonus of these vaporizers is they tend to give you lots of customizable settings.
Portable Dabbing Devices
Basically, a happy medium between the two listed above. While they’re not extremely small and pocket-friendly, they’re also small enough to carry around in your purse, or your car’s glove compartment. They have moderately sized chambers that for many allow for enough concentrate to last through a day or two. And, they tend to come with more advanced features than the pocket-friendly options due to the fact that they are more powerful. This means you may be able to customize your output levels among other things.
What to Look for in a Device for Dabbing
These are the main five things to take into consideration in this exact order:
- Options: First, decide how important customization is to you. Do you want to be able to try out different output levels and other features?
- Size: Figure out how, where and when you’d like to use your device, and choose one accordingly. Do you want to be able to enjoy your concentrates no matter where you are during the day? Or, do you plan to only dab at home?
- Compatibility: Next, you need to decide whether or not you require a dabbing device that’s compatible with all types of concentrates. If so, you must choose your device accordingly.
- Price: Most of us are on a budget, so consider your budget before choosing which type of device you want. The cost of a device depends on size, technology, materials and more.
- Quality: Obviously, it’s important to choose a high-quality device that can last for a long time. Make sure that you buy a dabbing device from a trusted brand that produces durable and reliable hardware.
It All Starts with the Device!
If you wanna start dabbing as your new hemp delivery method of choice, the first thing that you need to do is choose a device based on your preferred type of concentrate. As you can see, the selection of devices available is growing and evolving, meaning that it’s easier than ever before to find one that perfectly suits your individual needs.
Here are some products available from Pure CBD Now:
- Maui Labs DELTA 8 Disposable Vape 925mg – These vape pens can be enjoyed by all—they have a THC, CBD and CBN content and < 0.3% Delta-9 THC. Available in six different strains.
- Dessert Delta 8 Vape Pen 250mg – Available in different flavors – Lemon Pound Cake, Fruity Loop Milk, Blueberry Cream Pie, and Strawberries n’ Cream. Contains Δ8 and <.3% Δ9. 250mg Delta 8.
- Delta 8 Rechargeable & Disposable Vape Pens 1 Gram/900mg – 1 Gram/900MG of Delta 8 in different flavors – Blue Dream, Gelato, and Birthday Cake. Contains 8THC and.3 percent 9THC generated from hemp.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.