A vast amount of hemp enthusiasts out there has made CBD topicals part of their daily routine. It’s this unique delivery method which offers a new way to experience what this fascinating plant-based compound has to offer. CBD topicals are intriguing. Why? Well, because they allow you to target awfully specific areas, providing them with concentrated doses of this cannabinoid.
Using CBD Topically
So, what makes topical hemp different from other delivery methods?
Primarily, it’s the manner in which the CBD absorbs into the body. When we take an internal delivery method such as a capsule, gummy, or tincture dosage, cannabinoids are getting distributed throughout the body. But, when applying it directly to the skin, the absorption process is a bit different. Rather than dispersing throughout the body system, cannabidiol and other hemp compounds stay centralized to the area onto which the formula was applied.
The skin, muscles, and joints have their own cannabinoid receptors. Applying a topical solution then, allows the CBD to bind with these specific receptors. What this means is that if you are having an issue that is more localized, topical application of hemp may be the way to go.
How are CBD Topicals Made?
CBD topicals start with a hemp extract. This is simply a concentrate made by running the plant material through an extraction process to separate the compounds from the actual hemp buds. This extract is then combined with a multitude of ingredients. The final result is a formula that is beneficially easy to apply to the skin.
Topicals can be crafted with a wide range of ingredients. In fact, most companies prefer all-natural, plant-based formulas. They also come in an array of milligram strengths, and many are scented with essential oils to make using them even more enjoyable.
It is also worth pointing out that a large majority of companies/manufacturers use additional plant-based active ingredients in their topical formulas like arnica, white willow bark, lavender, and menthol.
What to Look for in a CBD Topical Product
CBD topicals are all over the market now, with loads of unique formula types and strengths being available like never before such as:
- Lotions and Creams: Rich formulas that offer abundant moisture by absorbing into the skin within minutes while sending cannabinoids deep beneath the surface.
- Balms and Rubs : Contain soothing ingredients in an oil-based or cream-based form. Meant to target soreness in the muscles and joints.
- Salves: A waxy formula similar to a balm. Made by infusing plant material into an oil and adding beeswax and other ingredients to it. These products feel greasy on contact, but they absorb into the skin quickly.
- Sprays: Water-based solution which may increase the absorption of the cannabidiol. They are great for covering a larger area of the body.
- Gels: Can come in a bottled or stick form that contain either cooling or warming ingredients. Meant to help sooth your muscles and joints.
- Massage Oils: Simply contain hemp which conditions the skin, making it supple and soft, along with having a nice scent and blissful ingredients.
As a consumer, it is critical that you know how to carefully select the correct CBD topical for those specific needs and preferences based upon the following considerations.
#1: Quality Matters
First and foremost, we need to talk about quality. In our industry, you’ll find a massive array of hemp-infused topicals. Now, just because a particular product is commercially available doesn’t mean that it is high in quality and capable of giving you those potential results. Not all companies/manufacturers follow the same standards when it comes to producing their hemp goods, and so it’s up to you to know how to be discerning as far as quality is concerned.
The easiest way to know that a CBD product is legitimate, high in quality and potent enough to give you a successful experience is by looking for lab results on a company’s website. Lab results come from an unbiased facility and prove a product’s overall quality.
#2: Milligram Strength Has an Impact
Yes, choosing the right milligram strength based on your needs is certainly right up there. The milligram strength of a CBD product refers to its potency level in terms of the number of milligrams it contains. As you would imagine, higher the milligram strength, the more potent the product is. Again, take your specific needs into consideration before settling on a particular potency level.
#3: Check Out the Other Ingredients
As you know, CBD topicals contain more than just cannabidiol. In fact, every company/manufacturer has their own unique topical formula that consists of a variety of ingredients. When exploring different available CBD topicals, carefully read through the ingredients. Some products use higher-quality ingredients than others. In fact, a select group may utilize ingredients that your skin does not tolerate very well.
Additionally, some topicals contain secondary active ingredients such as menthol or arnica that can take your experience to a whole new level.
#4: There are Different Types of Hemp Extract from Which to Choose
Another thing to pay attention to when searching for a CBD topical is the type of hemp extract utilized in a particular product. There are three types of hemp extracts, and each may have different effects.
- Full Spectrum Extract: Naturally contains the complete variety of compounds found in the hemp plant, including trace amounts of THC.
- Broad Spectrum Extract: Has every hemp compound with the exception of CBD.
- CBD Isolate: Just purely concentrated cannabidiol with no other compounds present.
Note: Different compounds in hemp have unique properties, so choose your preferred hemp extract wisely.
#5: Pay Attention to the Price
Most of us have a specific budget in mind when shopping for a CBD product. Needless to say, you should make sure to find a product that’s within your spending limits. On the flip side, you also want to keep in mind that some CBD topicals are priced extremely low do to simply not being up to par. They may contain lots of cheap filler agent or ingredients. Others might have a potency level that is too low to actually do anything beneficial.
If a CBD topical seems unusually cheap, you should wonder why. Hence, it is a wise strategy to look around and see how topicals are usually priced in order to then get a better idea of what a product should cost, generally speaking.
CBD Topicals Provide that Localized Application of Hemp You’ve Been Looking For
No doubt unique from other types of CBD products, CBD topicals are easy to find these days as they grow in popularity. However, that does not mean that every CBD topical product is equally worthy of your money. Everyone has a different way to describe their CBD topical experience, and you will too. Use this information to know how to choose the right hemp-based topical product that will meet those specific needs.
Pure CBD Now carries a wide range of unique topical formulas that have the potential to provide some much-needed bliss. Here are some topical products that you can check out:
- iDelta8 GOLD – Topical Salve 1500mg Delta 8 + CBD 1:1– Essential oils were added to give a soothing and healing effect. This salve is good for skin problems.
- Hempmetics Topical Pain Salve – Contains high CBD potency for muscle pain.
- For The People Dark Unrefined Menthol Salve Topical – A soothing salve that contains full spectrum, unrefined hemp with the cooling power of menthol.