Virginians have made it clear that they support the hemp plant, and delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s seeing a particular amount of buzz. This is largely due to its mild psychoactive properties unlike CBD. Virginia laws regarding cannabis have been transforming rapidly over the last year. With that said, where does delta 8 stand in the state’s legislation? And, how can a citizen there know that they are buying their delta-8 from a legitimate source in order to end up with the highest-quality product possible?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Virginia?
The 2018 Farm Bill recognized delta 8 THC throughout Virginia. This applies to all areas of the state, including Richmond, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Roanoke, Williamsburg, Lynchburg, Alexandria, and everywhere else. VA recognizes federal law on hemp matters. Meaning, there are no restrictions when it comes to the delta 8 product type someone may buy, how many milligrams it may contain, or how much they may purchase at any given time.
One thing residents will need to keep in mind, however, is that using delta 8 THC will result in a failed drug test. It’s basically metabolized in the same way as delta 9. Also, since delta 8 is intoxicating, you should never drive or go to work after taking this cannabinoid.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Virginia
While delta 8 is legal in Virginia, that doesn’t mean that every delta 8 product on the market is equally high in quality. Even worse, some delta-8 you may encounter is fake. That’s why it is important to choose your source wisely, as two avenues are considered better than the rest.
Keep in mind, too, that as of now, only hemp-derived delta 8 is considered legal. Even in states that permit marijuana use. So, make sure that your delta 8 comes from the hemp plant.
Stores in Virginia may carry delta 8 products, and you can find them by searching on Google or Weedmaps. You’ll want to look up reviews of a store ahead of time to make sure that they carry authentic, high-quality delta 8 THC, as low local standards combined with specializing in non-hemp products means that you never know if you are getting the standard of delta-8 you’re seeking out.
It’s simply better to purchase your delta 8 THC online. Specifically, from a hemp retailer that has a good reputation. In fact, it offers a lot of advantages, including:
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now carries only top-quality delta 8 products made with carefully sourced ingredients and lab-tested hemp compounds. We carry delta 8 from all of the top brand names, in every delivery method, milligram strength, and strain you could imagine. Plus, we ship our products out fast, while offering affordable prices.
Purchase of Delta 8 products can be placed with Pure CBD Now. The online store have many Delta 8 products that includes tinctures and edibles. Here are some examples of Delta 8 products:
- Maui Labs DELTA 8 Caviar Blunts 2 GRAMS – Choose frp, Cherry Diesel or Purple Urkle flavor. The blunts contain the most potent and pure flower and rolled in organic hemp paper.
- Delta 8 Disposable Hemp Pod 820mg – Hemplucid’s Delta 8 THC vape pods soothe the body and calm the mind with a potent hemp-derived extract. Thus has stress-relieving properties and distinct uplifting effects that will relax and inspire you. Available in Strawberry Blast or Blue Raz flavors.
- Delta 8 Gummy Cube 15 Count 25mg – Available in Mango flavor. Be satisfied with the sweet flavor at the same time have a dpse pf 25mg Delta 8 that will provide a long-lasting effect.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
It’s well-known that certain types of delta 8 vendors should be completely avoided, as they too, are likely to be selling low-quality or fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If not registered, they aren’t compliant and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Virginia?
Although you can freely explore a wide array of delta 8 product types, knowing what’s out there before shopping for delta 8 is still a great way to ensure that you end up with the best product for your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, and you can find lots of great strains out there. 510-threaded to attach to any standard hemp vape pen.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes contain the same vape oil formula as above, with a generous strain selection as well. However, these are all-in-one vaping systems requiring no assembly, with a battery that never needs to be charged.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known for offering the longest-lasting effects of all, with a unique body high sensation that’s one of a kind. You can enjoy a wide array of tasty flavors.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are for sublingual administration, offering a potency level somewhere between edibles and vapes. They come in various milligram strengths, and many are flavored as well.
- Capsules: D8 capsules produce the same types of effects as edibles, but they offer simpler formulas that come in the form of capsules.
- Flower: D8 Flower is simply raw hemp flower buds infused with delta 8 THC. Available in different strains to be purchased in either loose bud or pre-roll forms.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are extremely potent concentrates (not beginner-friendly) that are flash-vaporized using a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are applied to the skin to absorb into the deep tissue, offering localized effects that won’t get a user high.
Choose the Best-Quality Delta 8 THC in the Old Dominion
It’s clear that delta 8 is a booming submarket of the hemp industry, and for good reason. Most importantly, it’s legal to all Virginia residents of legal age, allowing them to select a delta-8 formula that meets their needs. Ideally, you should go with an online hemp retailer. That way, you know you’re getting only quality, lab-tested, and federally compliant delta 8.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.