We put Kratom, CBD, and Delta-8 to the test to see which one is the best for relaxing!
If you’re struggling to relax after a long and stressful day, what’s better, Kratom, CBD, or Delta 8? Nowadays, you have a lot of options when it comes to natural products for relaxation. So many choices, in fact, that deciding which one is the best for relaxation can be a real pain.
In the following article, we’ll compare three popular options, Kratom, CBD, and Delta 8, and see which one is the best for relaxation and the pros and cons of using each. So, if you have been wondering about what’s better for relaxation, Kratom, CBD, or Delta 8, then you have come to the right place!
If you’re interested in buying CBD or Delta-8 online, you can shop our full range of CBD and other cannabinoid products here.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is an herbal extract that is made from the leaves of the Evergreen Tree common to Southeast Asian countries, including Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Papua New Guinea. It’s also referred to as Ketum, Kakuam, or Thom. Users in these countries typically chew the leaves of the plants or crush them and make them into tea which is drunk. However, the two primary psychoactive ingredients in Kratom are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymytragynine.
There have been some studies of Kratom, but more clinical trials are needed before we can make any medical claims about Kratom’s ability to help you relax. Let’s look at the pros and cons of using Kratom for relaxation!
Kratom Relaxation Pros:
- Kratom is 100% natural.
- Kratom can be a stimulant, but it also can be a sedative in high doses while also acting on the same receptors as opioids which could make it an alternative to opioid pain relief.
Kratom Relaxation Cons
- Kratom is unregulated, which makes finding reliable amounts hard.
- The amounts of the active ingredients in Kratom can vary widely, making it difficult to gauge how much you should take.
- Side effects from Kratom can vary wildly depending on how much you use.
- We don’t know a lot about the long-term effects, safety, or dosage of Kratom, and more clinical trials and research are needed.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD has no psychoactive properties and won’t get you high in any way. In fact, CBD can effectively block the receptors in the Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which THC binds to, reducing the euphoric effects of the cannabinoid. As a result, CBD has increasingly gained popularity worldwide and is now available across the United States both online and in many brick-and-mortar stores.
Inside all of us, regardless of whether or not we have ever tried any cannabinoid products such as CBD, is something known as the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). It’s believed that the ECS is responsible for regulating several critical bodily functions such as sleep, mood, immune responses, hormones, and memory.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of using CBD for relaxation!
CBD Relaxation Pros:
- CBD is 100% natural.
- CBD has no psychoactive properties and, regardless of how much you use, won’t get you high in any way.
- CBD is federally legal (as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC) and readily available to purchase throughout the United States.
- CBD is highly versatile with various delivery methods, including fresh flower, smoking, vaping, edibles, oils, tinctures, and creams.
- Low chance of showing up on a traditional drug test.
CBD Relaxation Cons:
- Largely unregulated, so always buy your CBD from reputable suppliers such as Pure CBD Now that back up their CBD products with quality guarantees.
- It can take time for the effects of CBD to be felt, requiring you to take it consistently for up to 14 days before you’ll notice any immediate changes.
What Is Delta-8?
Delta-8 THC is one of over 100 different cannabinoids which can be found in the hemp plant. You may already be familiar with its close relative, Delta-9 THC, or as it’s commonly referred to, THC. Unlike traditional THC, Delta 8 is only found in small quantities in the hemp plant and is considered only a minor cannabinoid. However, that doesn’t make it any less exciting!
Unlike CBD, Delta 8 does have psychoactive effects and is considered to be a different psychoactive high than traditional THC. However, anecdotal evidence from users suggests that it’s a smoother high without the anxiety and paranoia you may experience from potent THC.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of using Delta 8 for relaxation!
Delta 8 Relaxation Pros:
- Delta 8 is 100% natural and found in the hemp plant.
- Delta 8 doesn’t induce the same amount of paranoia or anxiety as using traditional THC.
- Many people reported that using Delta 8 left them feeling relaxed and clear-headed without any fogginess.
- Delta 8 is highly versatile, and there are various ways to take Delta 8, including vaping, smoking, edibles, and concentrates.
Delta 8 Relaxation Cons:
- We don’t know much about the long-term effects of using Delta 8 as it’s relatively new.
- There is an increased risk that Delta 8 could trigger a positive result on a drug test.
- The dosage for Delta 8 can be tricky to determine when you first start using it.
- The legal status of Delta 8 can vary from state to state, so check your local regulations.
Kratom, CBD, or Delta-8, Which is the Best to Relax? – Conclusion
There you go! Everything you wanted to know about which is the best for relaxation, Kratom, CBD, or Delta-8. As with all cannabinoids, no two people are the same, and how they react to cannabinoids can be completely different from someone else. In addition, it can take time for the effects of some cannabinoids, such as CBD, to be fully experienced, so don’t give up after only one or two days. If you’re interested in buying CBD or Delta-8 online, you can shop our full range of CBD and other cannabinoid products here.
Thanks for reading about which is more relaxing, Kratom, CBD, or Delta-8. If you want to learn more about cannabinoids, be sure to check out our other cannabis blogs. If you have questions about any of these cannabinoids, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly. Our friendly and professional team is always happy to help with any cannabis-related questions.
If you’re currently using any prescribed medication, always speak with your doctor or healthcare professional before taking any cannabinoid products. It can potentially interfere with how your body processes certain prescription medications.