A lot of hemp enthusiasts are so excited about the sudden wide availability of Delta 8 THC products that they are trying to get their hands on every type of gummy, vape cartridge, and other formula they can find. But not so fast. Like CBD, Delta 8 can expire, which means that you’ll no longer be able to enjoy it like you did when it was once fresh. So, if you have questions about expired Delta 8 gummies, then you have come to the right place!
When Does Delta 8 THC Expire?
Delta 8 THC is a hemp-derived compound that is a form of THC that results from degraded Delta 9 tetrahydrocannabinol. It has the same shelf life as cannabidiol (CBD), as they are both organic cannabinoids that share a lot in common, even molecularly speaking. Therefore, like CBD, Delta 8, in its pure extracted form, which is the form found in the majority of products on the market, has a shelf life of two years. However, there are other factors that can shorten its shelf life, including the form in which it comes in according to secondary ingredients that can expire sooner, along with how much the Delta 8 has been processed.
If you were curious about whether or not you can eat expired Delta 8 gummies, or do Delta 8 gummies expire, then keep reading!
- When Does Delta 8 THC Expire?
- What Happens When You Use Expired Delta 8 THC?
- Can Delta 8 THC Expire Before Its Printed Expiration Date?
- How to Avoid Ending Up with Expired Delta 8 Products
- Delta 8 THC, Like CBD, Does Expire
Delta 8 Product Types
For the sake of clarity, let’s cover the general shelf life of each type of delta 8 product.
- Flower and Concentrates: Expire the soonest since they are organic in nature. Both of these products, if stored properly, can last for up to six months before they are no longer worth using.
- Edibles: Gummies and other edible products can expire the fastest, not because of the actual Delta 8 that’s in them but because of the other ingredients, which may be highly perishable depending on the formula created by the manufacturer. For instance, Delta 8 chocolates may only be good for a month because of the dairy solids that are in them. On the other hand, gummies may expire around the same time or last longer, depending on whether or not there are artificial ingredients or preservatives in them.
- Vape Oils: Including ones found in cartridges, bottled e-liquids, and disposable devices, can last for up to two years because hemp extract lasts for this period of time.
- Tinctures: Can last for up to two years because that is how long Delta 8 extract can last.
- Pure Distillate: Can also last for up to two years.
- Capsules: Like the three types of products above, they are likely to last for up to two years.
- Topicals: They, too, can expire, but some can actually last longer than the others above. It all comes down to the chemical composition in the topical solution that determines its overall longevity of use.
These are the most common delivery methods for Delta 8 products. We often get asked does Delta 8 go bad or does Delta 8 gummies expire? The answer to that is yes, but they last a lot longer than you would think if you stored them correctly. All cartridges that contain cannabinoids have a certain shelf life. So, if you’re curious about do wax pen cartridges expire or does CBD cartridge expire, then it’s good that you took the time to find out the weed cartridge expiration date.
What Happens When You Use Expired Delta 8 THC?
The good news is that expired Delta 8 THC isn’t expired in the way that edible meat products expire and become dangerous, taking on toxic compounds. Instead, as Delta 8 ages, it degrades due to its chemical structure beginning to break down. Throughout this process, it gradually loses its potency as the chemical compound becomes weaker. What this means is that expired Delta 8 should not get you sick, but it will likely be too weak to produce results. Basically, at that point, it’s simply not worth using.
So, if you’ve been wondering do dab carts expire, the answer is yes, but not in the way you would imagine. Instead, they simply get weaker in strength and lose some of their potency the older they get.
Can Delta 8 THC Expire Before Its Printed Expiration Date?
Delta 8 THC products may expire sooner than their expiration date because of improper storage. Hemp compounds simply do not enjoy being exposed to bright lights, high temperatures, high humidity, or general fluctuations in its environment. So, if you fail to store your Delta 8 goods properly, you could end up with products that expire in a matter of a couple of months or even weeks rather than 2 years or 6 months for flower and concentrates.
The same applies to anyone curious about can Delta 8 gummies expire. The longer they sit around, the less potent they will be as the active ingredients break down. Another question we get asked a lot is, do THC cartridges expire? Yes, just like all cannabinoid products. So, if you’re wondering do weed vape pens expire, then the simple answer is yes.
How to Avoid Ending Up with Expired Delta 8 Products
Obviously, if we’re going to invest in Delta 8 products, we want to be able to enjoy them until they run out. That’s why it is crucial to follow certain practices that ensure we don’t end up with expired Delta 8 on our hands. Luckily, these practices are simple.
#1: Buy from Trusted Companies that Only Sell Fresh Products
Lower-tier brands and distributors may not have the high demand to enjoy a fast product turnover, and as a result, their inventory may be sitting around for a long time, nearing expiration by the time it arrives at your door.
#2: Avoid Stocking Up Beyond What You Can Use
We know it is tempting to splurge on tons of delta 8 THC but avoid buying more than you will really be able to use within a short period of time.
#3: Cool, Dark, and Dry Places are Ideal
As previously mentioned, compounds do not like bright lights, high heat, or excessive moisture. Therefore, a closet, cabinet, or drawer acts as a safe place to keep your delta 8 as fresh as can be.
#4: Use Your Delta 8 in the Order of Purchase
Doing this can ensure that no single product is collecting dust for a long time. So, if you were wondering do Delta 8 pens expire, the answer is yes, but you can extend their life by storing them correctly and not ordering too much.
#5: Airtight is Key
When not in use, your Delta 8 products should be stored in an airtight container, such as their original packaging, if possible, or Tupperware. If you’re wondering what happens if you smoke an expired cart, then you’ll most likely notice the effects aren’t as potent as a fresh cart.
If you’re curious about what happens if you smoke expired wax or how long do THC carts last before it expires, they’re both good questions. Firstly, you’ll notice the potency of the wax product reduces the longer it sits around. Secondly, they last between 6-12 months, but using them as you buy them is the best idea.
Delta 8 THC, Like CBD, Does Expire
Again, while it does not become dangerous, it does become too weak to give you the effects for which the cannabinoid is known. This is why it’s important to take care of the Delta 8 that’s in your possession in order to make it last for as long as possible. After all, if you’re going to spend your hard-earned money on hemp, you deserve to enjoy the freshest and most potent compounds possible.
Pure CBD Now have these other Delta 8 THC products to choose from:
- Wild Orchard Delta-8 Vape JUUL Compatible Pods 500mg – A full spectrum vape pen in different flavors. Only has Delta 8 without any other terpenes.
- D8 Hi Delta 8 Cookies 500MG – For those who want to have a dose of Delta 8 through edibles. Each pack contain 8 cookies in chocolate, peanut butter, and cinnamon flavors.
- JGO Delta 8 Cart 1 Gram – A full gram of hemp extract that is 95% Delta 8. Delivers a pure experience without any other effect. Choose from the following flavors – Alien Kush (Indica), Zkittles (Indica), Strawberry Amnesia (Sativa), and Wedding Cake (Hybrid).
Those are just some of the best Delta 8 products we stock at Pure CBD Now. Below, we’ll answer some of your Delta 8 FAQs:
Do THC cartridges expire?
Yes, but not like meat or fresh food does.
Do weed vape pens expire?
Yes, they have a shelf life of 6-12 months before their potency may be impacted.
Does Delta 8 expire?
Over time, the active ingredient Delta 8 THC will lose some of its potency, especially if not stored correctly.
Do weed carts expire?
Yes, but you’d be surprised at how long they last if you take the time to store them correctly.
Do Delta 8 edibles expire?
Yes, they’ll have a recommended shelf life on their packaging.