Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that Hoosiers have been showing an interest in lately, primarily thanks to the unique, mild psychoactive properties associated with the hemp derivative. Residents of Indiana feel comfortable taking CBD, as the laws on its use are clear throughout the state. But what about delta 8 ? And, if delta-8 is, in fact, legal for people there to explore, how can someone know that they are buying only authentic and high-quality delta8 products?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Indiana?
Yes, Indiana is a state in which delta 8 THC is legal for adults due to them adhering to the 2018 Farm Bill. It essentially made hemp-based products federally legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. So, IN residents can purchase any type of delta 8 product they’d like. Not to mention, with no limit on milligram strength or purchase amount. Whether you live in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Bloomington, Gary, Evansville, or elsewhere, these laws apply.
However, you’ll want to keep in mind that delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC are metabolized in the same manner. Hence, why taking delta 8 can cause you to fail a drug test. Beyond that, delta-8 is intoxicating. This means driving and working when under the influence should be avoided.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Indiana
Here is where it is important to think about where you’ll buy your delta 8 THC from. Not all delta 8 is made with strict quality standards that ensure a satisfying and clean experience. Worse, sometimes you may encounter fake delta-8 products on the market.
Indiana still prohibits the use of recreational marijuana. So, you’ll also need to make sure that a delta 8 product comes from the hemp plant rather than the marijuana plant, to avoid breaking the law.
Some local shops may carry delta 8 THC, and a quick search on Google or Weedmaps can help you find the ones that do. One thing to keep in mind is that if a store doesn’t specialize in hemp-infused products, they may not have strict quality standards on delta 8 products. You’ll want to read a store’s reviews to find out what customers think about their delta-8.
Even better, you can buy your delta 8 THC from a reputable online hemp seller. Since, of course, this gives you a lot of advantages over trying to buy delta 8 from a local store.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now offers one of the largest selections of delta 8 products that you’ll find anywhere. This way, you can choose the perfect product type, milligram strength, strain, etc. for your needs. We strictly work with top-rated brands that have all of their hemp products thoroughly third-party-tested. Meanwhile, our company makes sure to offer some of the most affordable prices around, along with conveniently fast shipping.
Among the hudrreds of Delta 8 products, here are some examples from Pure CBD Now that you might find interesting.
- Koi Delta 8 Disposable Vape Bar 1 Gram – Customer can choose what terpene to add to the vape. Enjoy 860 grams of Delta 8 THC per bar in a ready to use ceramic container.
- iDelta8 GOLD – Topical Salve 1500mg Delta 8 + CBD 1:1 = for muscle aches and pain. This salve has added essential oils for a fragrant, soothing rub – floral lavender, spicy lemongrass, earthy tea tree, and ice, a refreshing peppermint-menthol blend,
- Maui Labs Delta 8 Pre-Roll 1.5 GRAMS – Convenience is what ths pre-roll offers. Tropical, delivious flavors to choose from. The hit is gentle and calming from the 17% CBD.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Some types of delta 8 THC vendors are best to completely avoid. Mainly, because they have reputations for offering low-quality or fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Indiana?
Nowadays, it is easy to find all kinds of unique delta 8 products on the market, with each type offering a one-of-a-kind experience. Just as crucial is understanding what each kind of product can provide. In order to then, of course, choose the product(s) most likely to satisfy your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of pure delta 8 THC distillate along with terpenes, which allows them to be sold in a wide variety of strains. 510-threaded, these cartridges attach to standard vape pen devices made for hemp vape oils.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are fully assembled vaping systems that are maintenance-free and never need to be charged. They also come in a rich selection of strains.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known for having long-lasting effects compared to other methods and can provide a body high experience that’s unique. You can find gummies and other types of edibles in many enticing flavor options.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are absorbed sublingually and come in dropper bottles for easy administration. They offer an experience that’s more potent than edibles, and less potent than vapes.
- Capsules: D8 capsules provide the same type of experience as edibles since they’re also ingested. But, they come in capsule form, and contain fewer ingredients.
- Flower: D8 Flower refers to pure, raw CBD flower that is infused with delta 8 THC. Lots of strain options are available and can be found in both pre-roll and loose bud forms
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates that offer the most potent effects of all (not recommended for beginners) and are “dabbed” (flash-vaporized) with a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals aren’t intoxicating, since they absorb through the skin and offer only localized effects to the joint and muscle tissue.
The Hoosier State Really is Delta 8 THC Friendly
Overall, delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid for all residents of Indiana who are of adult age. Therefore, you are free to check out the many great products that are out there that offer a distinctive delta 8 experience. To know that you’re getting only pure, top-quality, and lab-tested delta-8, go with an online retailer that has a strong reputation for their high standards. This way, you can count on feeling fully satisfied with your delta 8 experience.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.