Delta 8 THC, the hemp-derived cannabinoid associated with mild psychoactive effects, has really taken off throughout the United States. But, as we know, each state has its own laws when it comes to hemp. Hence, Louisianians might be unsure as to where delta 8 stands in their state. So, is delta-8 legal in Louisiana, and if it is, where can a resident purchase it to know that they’re getting only genuine, high-quality delta8 products?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Louisiana?
When the United States 2018 Farm Bill, hemp became a fully legal substance, with all hemp products being federally legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Because Louisiana adheres to this law, adult Louisianans there are free to purchase any delta 8 product that’s on the market. Also, with no limit on concentration or purchase amount. These laws apply to citizens living in cities and Parishes such as New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Shreveport, Bossier City and all other areas of the state.
Still, know that delta 8 THC is intoxicating, which is why you should not drive or go to work after taking it. Furthermore, delta 8 is metabolized by the same mechanisms as delta 9 THC, meaning that delta-8 usage will result in a positive drug test result.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Louisiana
Very important to be aware of where you’re buying delta 8 THC from. Why? Because not all companies maintain strict quality standards. And, it is not impossible to come across fake delta 8 products on the market, sadly.
Take notice that even though Louisiana has been becoming a more cannabis-friendly state, marijuana-derived delta 8 THC is not legal as of now. This means that you can only purchase delta 8 products that come from the hemp plant.
Weedmaps or Google can show you local stores that carry delta 8 products in your area. However, keep in mind that local stores may offer low-quality delta 8 THC if local demand isn’t high enough, and/or if that store does not specialize in hemp products exclusively. So, you will need to check a store’s reviews prior to buying from them.
It’s always best to buy your delta 8 THC from a trusted online source known for offering high-quality products. Shopping for delta 8 online rather than in person offers many advantages.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now is the perfect one-stop shop for your delta 8 THC needs. Since, of course, we strictly carry lab-tested, carefully formulated delta 8 products from the top names in the industry. You will find a huge array of product types, formulations, milligram strengths, strains, and more for a fully personalized experience. Plus, take advantage of super-fast shipping and excellent prices at the same time.
Here are some more Delta 8 products from Pure CBD Now:
- Mystic Labs™ Delta-8 Tincture Oil 600mg 30mL Wicked Grapefruit – This product contain 600mg of hemp-derived Delta 8 THC per bottle for relaxing and calming effect.
- Dessert Delta 8 Pre-Rolls 1 Gram You have 4 delicious flavors to choose from – Lemon Pound Cake, Blueberry Cream Pie, Fruity Loop Milk, and Strawberries N’ Cream . This convenient pre-rolls also contain .3% Delta 9 THC.
- Funni Delta 8 THC Dabs 1 Gram Container – These dabs has the producer’s exclusive mixture of introducing terpenes. Vert effective dabs in the market and available in Green Crack, Agent Orange, Pineapple Express, and Lemon Kush,
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Some vendors are known to sell low-quality delta 8 THC products and should therefore be strictly avoided altogether.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. Basically, there really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Louisiana?
Delta 8 THC can be found in different kinds of product types and delivery methods. Each even brings something unique to a user’s delta 8 experience. With that said, it is good to know ahead of time what kind of product(s) you want to purchase. This is to ensure you choose something that fully meets your standards.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, and many strains are available. These 510-threaded cartridges are compatible with standard rechargeable vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes require zero charging or assembly, being all-in-one vaping systems. Contain the same type of vape oil formula as above, and also come in many strain options.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are popular since they provide long-lasting effects and a favorable body high sensation. Edibles come in lots of great flavor options to choose from, and gummies are the most popular type of edible.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures offer a potency level somewhere between vapes and edibles and are oil-based formulas that come in dropper bottles for easy sublingual administration.
- Capsules: D8 capsules behave just like edibles since they are absorbed into the body in the same way. But, they contain fewer ingredients, and come in a capsulated form.
- Flower: D8 flower refers to CBD flower infused with delta 8 THC distillate. Both pre-rolls and loose buds can be found in a variety of strains.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are extremely potent concentrates that are not beginner-friendly. They require a dabbing device that flash-vaporizes the product.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are non-intoxicating topical products that offer localized effects to the muscles and joints when absorbed through the skin.
We Guarantee an Awesome Delta 8 THC Experience in the Bayou State
Since delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid for all adult Louisiana residents, especially at restaurants who can use it in foods they prepare, you can start looking for that ideal delta-8 product that addresses your preferences and needs. If you want to know that you’re getting only the finest lab-tested delta 8 available, stick to a reputable online retailer that carries the top-rated brands throughout the industry.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.