Delta 8 THC has become an enormously successful cannabinoid. How? Well, thanks to its mild psychoactive effects and mellowing nature, of course. So, it’s no surprise that Mississippians in Jackson, Oxford, Tupelo, Biloxi, and all over are interested in giving it a try for themselves. Many people know that CBD is legal in all 50 states. Then again, CBD is not intoxicating, while delta 8 is. The question this then raises for Mississippi residents is in terms of its legality and availability for purchasing.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. When delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8. From there, it offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
How Natural is Delta 8 THC Considered to Be?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final judgement that a certain product or substance is available in nature. Thus, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Mississippi?
At the present moment, delta 8 THC is strictly illegal throughout Mississippi. The 2018 Farm Bill determined that all hemp products containing a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC are federally legal, which makes delta 8 a federally legal cannabinoid. However, MS is one of a handful of states that has banned the cannabinoid entirely.
Where to One Day Purchase Legal Delta 8 THC in Mississippi
At this time, Mississippians cannot legally purchase delta 8 products. But, in the event that the law changes, it’s good to know how to find only high-quality, authentic delta 8 products to ensure that you end up with the best experience possible.
Pure CBD Now is a highly reputable distributor of delta 8 products, including products from our own brand and others that are highly rated on the market. Products are sold affordably and are shipped quickly, while being available in all kinds of desirable product forms including gummies, vapes, flower and more. All products sold at Pure CBD Now are thoroughly lab-tested by a third party, and are made with clean, carefully sourced ingredients.
What Potential Places Should Be Avoided When Buying Delta 8 THC?
There are some types of delta 8 retailers that should be strictly avoided, as they are known to carry very low-quality or sometimes fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Purchase in Mississippi Hopefully Down the Line?
Delta 8 exists in lots of exciting product forms. Still, while none of these product forms are legal in Mississippi as of now, that may change in the future.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are 510-threaded, pre-filled vape oil cartridges that come in all kinds of desirable strains.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable are all-in-one vape pens that never need to be charged or filled with vape oil. There are also many appealing strains to choose from.
- Edibles: D8 edibles can deliver a high that lasts for up to 8 hours and provides particularly blissful body effects, while offering great flavor as well.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are easy to administer sublingual oils that consist of pure delta 8 THC and a carrier oil.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are a category of edibles consisting of delta 8 THC distillate in the form of a gel cap with few ingredients.
- Flower: D8 flower is raw CBD flower infused with a delta 8 THC distillate. There are lots of strains to choose from in both pre-roll and loose bud forms.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are highly potent concentrates that are too strong for beginners. These are “dabbed” or flash-vaporized with a dabbing device at high temperatures.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are not psychoactive, but instead absorbed through the skin to only offer effects to the local muscle and joint tissue.
Perhaps The Hospitality State Will in the Near Future Be More Welcoming to Delta 8?
At the moment, delta 8 THC is classified as an illegal cannabinoid throughout the state of Mississippi. But, hemp laws are changing fast, and more and more states are embracing the cannabinoid, which means that Mississippi may change its tune in the coming months or years.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.
You can buy from Pure CBD Now any delta 8 products for delivery to Mississippi. Choose the product that works best for you.
- iDELTA8 Delta 8 Gummies 20ct – 50mg Per Gummy – Delectable gummies in berry flavor for your dose of Delta 8.
- CLEEN Delta-8 Cartridge 940mg – Made from the finest hemp in the USA and housed in glass and with a ceramic core to retain its fresh flavor. 94% of delta 8 THC.
- Wild Orchard Delta-8 Vape JUUL Compatible Pods 500mg – Choose from the flavors available – Gelato *Hybrid), Gorilla Blue (Indica) and Pineabpple Express (Sativa) Full spectrum with natural terpenes.
- More Delta 8 products, click on this link.