Did you know Texas has by and large embraced the hemp plant? Well, now you do, as many Texans throughout the state enjoy a daily CBD routine. But, there is another hemp-derived cannabinoid that’s making its way through the wild hemp west. The compound we are referring to is delta 8 THC. Unlike cannabidiol, which is nonintoxicating, delta 8 is mildly psychoactive. So, naturally, this gives many residents their concerns that it may not actually be legal. But, TX laws may surprise you, and you’ll want to continue reading if you are trying to purchase delta-8.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC are often compared to one another, which comes from their many similarities and slight differences.
- Delta 8 is the result of oxidized delta 9 THC, as the cannabinoid ages in the plant material and naturally converts into delta 8.
- Delta-8 is about 70% as intoxicating as delta-9, thus causing a milder high that many do say is surprisingly clear-minded.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) differently, making it less potent than delta-9.
- This cannabinoid also works powerfully with CB1 receptors in the body’s nervous system.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Texas?
Thanks to the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, delta 8 THC is legal throughout Texas. This legislation basically legalized delta 8 and all other hemp derivatives federally. Hence, TX simply adheres to federal law when it comes to hemp. The law clearly reads that all delta-8 is legal as long as it contains no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC.
Essentially, Texans can explore any type of delta 8 product they require, with no limits on purchase amount or milligram strength. This applies to residents of Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and all other areas of this great state.
However, it is recommended not to consume delta 8 THC if you have to drive or work. You will become intoxicated. Keep in mind, too, that delta 8 and delta 9 are alike in terms of how they are processed by the body. Hence, using delta-8 could trigger a positive drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Texas
Delta 8 THC is actually quite easy to find nowadays, and as a Texas resident, you can choose between one of two ways to grab it for yourself. Remember, no matter where you buy your delta 8 from, you need to make sure that the hemp has been lab-tested, and that the ingredients in the formula are safe for you to consume.
Also, keep in mind that delta 8 and marijuana have a lot in common, so make sure that you are buying delta-8 and not a marijuana-based product, even though medicinal marijuana is legal in this state.
To buy delta 8 locally from a store that carries it, a fast Google search or Weedmaps search should tell you where in your area delta 8 is available for purchase. Keep in mind that stores carrying delta 8 THC likely don’t specialize in hemp products, and so product selection and quality can vary. Check reviews for a business ahead of time to know their delta 8 is legitimate.
Overall, it’s better to buy your delta 8 THC from an online source, which is what most delta 8 fans do. Because most people prefer to buy their delta 8 in this manner, online companies hold themselves to higher standards overall.
- Larger selection of products, including various delivery methods, milligram strengths, formulas, strains, and more.
- Better prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Stricter standards for quality due to higher demand and competition.
- Promotions and special offers so that customers can enjoy big savings.
- Bulk-buying options as well as bundles that save money.
- The convenience of shopping from home.
- Fresher products due to a higher product turnover rate.
At Pure CBD Now, you can find a huge selection of premium-grade delta 8 THC in any delivery method, formulation, strength, strain, and flavor you could ask for. All, while of course, being treated to competitive prices and fast shipping. We carry only top-rated brands in the industry (including our in-house brands) that engage in complete lab-testing and up-to-date manufacturing practices. Essentially, you will know that you’re getting the absolute best delta 8 possible.
Pure CBD Now can deliver Delta 8 products to any part of Texas. Here are some of its finest products:
- iDELTA8 Gold – Disposable Delta 8 Vape Pen + CBD Full Gram 1:1 – Ratio of CBD to Delta 8 is 1:1 giving a balanced effect. The effect is smooth and strong since this has the best of both worlds.
- `D8 Factory Delta 8 Moon Rocks 1gm or 3.5gm – These are the moonrocks that will take you to the moon and back. Choose between 3.5gm or 1 gm and experience the ride that only Delta 8 can provide.
- Strain Snobs Delta 8 THC Tincture 420mg – If you want a relatively fast acting way to absorb Delta 8 then this tincture is the one for you. This provides a subtle high in a short time.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Just like any other normal product you want to purchase, there are some places that should be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Texas?
In Texas, you can find a wide array of delta 8 product types to choose from. Each product offers a unique type of experience based on how the delta 8 THC absorbs into the body. So, it’s good to know what kinds of products exist before you go shopping. This way, you know you’re getting the product best suited for your needs and preferences.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are pre-filled with vape oil and attach to any standard vape pen device. They come in lots of great strain options.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are pre-assembled all-in-one systems that never require any charging or maintenance of any kind. Like carts, they too come in lots of great strains.
- Edibles: D8 Edibles such as gummies absorb through ingestion to promote very long-lasting effects, not to mention great flavor.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb through the sublingual tissue to offer balanced, gentle yet effective results. Can last for about several hours in terms of the high, while coming in various strength options.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are encapsulated forms of delta 8 THC oil that offer the same types of effects as edibles, but with a simpler formula.
- Flower: D8 flower is raw hemp flower buds infused with delta 8 THC. They come in lots of strains, and you can find both loose buds and pre-rolls.
- Dabs: D8 dabs refer to concentrates which have such strong potency levels that isn’t recommended for beginners. Used with dabbing devices that reach high temperatures to vaporize the product.
- Topicals: Topicals absorb through the skin to help with localized discomfort and will not get you high.
The Lone Star State Really Makes Delta 8 THC Feel Right at Home
Thankfully for hemp-loving Texans, delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid thanks to the state’s adherence to federal law. Adult residents can therefore enjoy all kinds of delta 8 products as they so desire. Because delta-8 quality can vary from one vendor to the next, we recommend finding a trusted online retailer with a strong reputation for selling the finest delta8 possible.
Note: It is wise to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. Since delta 8 THC is new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.