Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid found in hemp that’s associated with a unique psychoactive experience that’s milder than that of delta 9 THC. Given delta8’s intoxicating nature, it really is not surprising that Kansans residing in Kansas who have an interest in exploring it may hesitate out of concern that it’s not, in fact, legal where they live. Furthermore, it can be challenging to determine whether or not any given delta 8 product is authentic and high in quality, as not all delta-8 is created equally.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Kansas?
Like many states across the country, Kansas allows the use of delta 8 THC among its adult residents by recognizing the 2018 Farm Bill. This legislation made all hemp-based products federally legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. KS does not place restrictions on which types of delta 8 products can be purchased, or how concentrated they may be. These laws apply throughout the state, whether you live in Kansas City, Topeka, Wichita, or elsewhere.
Still, delta 8 THC is an intoxicating substance. Meaning, you should not drive or go to work after taking it. And, as delta 8 and delta 9 are metabolized in the same way, keep in mind that taking delta-8 will lead to a positive drug test result.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Kansas
One important thing to know is that not all delta 8 products are created equally. Quality can certainly vary between brands, and the sad truth is that even fake delta-8 exists. Hence, why you need to be careful when it comes to who you buy delta 8 THC from.
Kansas is one of several states that prohibits marijuana use, too. So, you will also need to make sure that a delta 8 product is derived from the hemp plant rather than the marijuana plant, as the latter is strictly illegal.
Some local stores may carry delta 8 THC, and you can find them using Google or Weedmaps. Keep in mind that local stores may not offer the highest-quality delta 8 unless they specialize strictly in hemp products. Look at a store’s reviews to find out what customers have to say about their delta 8.
The better option is to buy delta 8 THC from an online company that specializes in hemp. Shopping for it from a trusted online source comes with many advantages, such as the following:
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now is one of the top online suppliers of delta 8 products, with incredibly strict standards. We offer only delta 8 THC from top-rated brands throughout the industry. Every company on the site uses the lab-testing protocol and carefully sourced ingredients. We offer every kind of product type you could ask for, in various strains, strengths, etc. At the same time, our prices are affordable, and shipping is incredibly fast.
Here are some best selling Delta 8 products from Pure CBD Now:
- Delta 8 THC Oral Strips 15mg – Each strip has 15mg of Delta 8 THC. Convenient to carry with you and discreet when you want a dose. Available in 2 tasty flavors – Peach and Orange.
- JGO Delta 8 THC Muscle Gel 1000mg 1oz Jar – This muscle gel is goot to soothe aches and pains. Contains organic cannabis and menthol crystals.
- JGO Delta 8 THC-A Cart 1 Gram – A high-quality vape cartridge with a universal connector. Contain 1 gram hemp extract – 82% Delta and 15% THC. You can chosse strains: Strawberry Fields (Indica), Jelly Roll (Indica), Swiss Gold (Indica), Trainwreck (Indica)
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
There are some types of vendors that should be completely avoided when shopping for delta 8 THC. Why? Well, since they are associated with low-quality and sometimes fake delta 8 products like we touched upon earlier.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Kansas?
While shopping for delta 8 THC, you’ll notice that it comes in many product forms, much like CBD. It’s best to have an idea of what each product type is capable of to find the one that’s most suitable for you.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts contain a vape oil consisting of terpenes and delta 8 THC distillate, in a huge variety of strain options. These carts are 510-threaded, allowing them to be compatible with any standard hemp vape pen.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposables are extremely user-friendly, consisting of a battery and cartridge pre-assembled, and requiring no charging at any point. They also come in many great strains.
- Edibles: D8 edibles introduce the longest-lasting effects into the body, with a unique body high sensation that’s highly favorable. Choose from many delicious flavor options.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are known for having a potency level that’s somewhere between vapes and edibles. They are delta 8 THC oils that are meant for sublingual administration.
- Capsules: D8 capsules absorb in the same way as edibles, and therefore have the same effects. However, they contain fewer ingredients, usually consisting of pure delta 8 and a carrier oil that have been encapsulated.
- Flower: D8 flower is CBD flower that is infused with delta 8 THC distillate. Delta 8 flower comes in many strain options, with both loose buds and pre-rolls available.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are powerful concentrates associated with extremely potent effects, which is why they’re not recommended for beginners. Used with a dabbing device, dabs are flash-vaporized.
- Topicals: D8 topicals deliver localized effects to the muscles and joints when applied to the skin, and do not get the user high.
Wheat isn’t the Only Thing Being Harvested in the The Sunflower State
Delta 8 THC is a completely legal cannabinoid in the state of Kansas, and any adult resident can explore the many unique delta 8 products that exist on today’s hemp market. Because some delta 8 is higher in quality than others, you’ll want to really consider choosing a hemp retailer with a good reputation, as this allows you to explore more product types while feeling more assured that you’re getting only top-quality product.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.