Delta 8 THC, the hemp-derived cannabinoid known for its mild psychoactive buzz, is making waves all over the country thanks to its distinctive properties which are proving to be quite favorable. While delta 8 been on the market for a few years now, Minnesotans might be holding out until they know for sure that it’s both legal in Minnesota. Also, if it’s legal, where they can then easily access genuine and high-quality products.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Minnesota?
Minnesota is one of many states in which delta 8 THC is legal due to the recognition of the 2018 Farm Bill which federally legalized all hemp products containing no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. As delta 8 is fully legal in the state, there are no restrictions when it comes to product form, milligram strength, or possession amount. This allows residents to enjoy delta 8 freely. These laws are the same whether you live in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Duluth, or anywhere else throughout the state.
Still, take note that delta 8 and delta 9 are metabolized in the same manner, which means that using delta 8 will cause a failed drug test. And, the intoxicating nature of the cannabinoid means that you should never drive or go to work while under its influence.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Minnesota
If you’re ready to buy delta 8 THC, know that not all delta 8 is created equally. You need to be mindful of who you’re buying it from, to know that they have strict quality standards and sell only authentic product, as there are fakes hiding out on the market.
Also, bear in mind that you should only buy delta 8 that’s derived from hemp rather than marijuana. Even though Minnesota recently voted to legalize cannabis, marijuana laws are still in a gray area, so stick with hemp-derived delta 8 to know you’re buying a completely legal product.
You can use Google or Weedmaps to see if local stores in your neighborhood carry delta 8 THC. Keep in mind if a store does not specialize in hemp, or if there is low local demand, they may not carry the product selection in terms of quality level that you’re looking for.
Overall, it’s better to buy your delta 8 online, from a reputable online retailer. This provides lots of great advantages that work in your favor.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a fas ter product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now is known for an enormous selection of delta 8 products from top-rated brands. Not only that, but in many delivery methods, strengths, strains, and more. We carry only lab-tested delta 8 blended with carefully sourced ingredients to give you nothing but sublime quality. We are also known for our fast shipping and affordable prices to ensure 100% satisfaction overall.
Minnesota residents can purchase Delta 8 products from Pure CBD Now. Here are some products that might interest you:
- Maui Labs DELTA 8 Cartridge 925mg 1ml – You can choose what strain. The catridge contain Hemp derived Delta 8 THC, CBD, CBN and <0.3% Delta 9.
- D8 Factory Delta 8 Shatter 900mg 1gram – Said to deliver a very potent experience. Available in 2 flavors. Has a higher concentration of Delta 8 THC that can only be used for dabbing. Quality and potency is insured with every every gram.
- iDelta8 Flower Sour Space Candy – 3.5g or 7g – You can chose the size for this product. Delivers a good experience when used any time of the day.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
By the same token, there are certain types of vendors that you should strictly avoid, as the risk of ending up with low-quality or fake delta 8 THC is too high.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Minnesota?
You’ll quickly find that delta 8, like CBD, comes in a huge selection of product types to choose from. It’s important to be aware of what is available. Why? So that you have a clear idea of what you’re looking for when the time comes to go shopping.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are pre-filled with vape oil that contains pure delta 8 THC and terpenes. You can find lots of great strains on the market, and use them with any 510-threaded hemp vaping device.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes also come in many strains, but these are all-in-one vaping systems that are ready to use out of the box, and never need to be charged or maintained.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known for their long-lasting effects and enjoyable body high experience. Gummies are especially popular, and overall, edibles can be found in all kinds of great-tasting flavors.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures absorb below the tongue to act as sublingual formulas. These oil-based products provide a potency level that’s somewhere between vapes and edibles.
- Capsules: D8 capsules absorb just like edibles and therefore feel the same in terms of effects, but provide a simpler capsule-based formula.
- Flower: D8 Flower is pure hemp flower infused with delta 8 THC. There are lots of great strain options out there, both in the form of loose buds and pre-rolls.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates with powerful potency levels likely too strong for beginners. These dabs are flash-vaporized using a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals do not get the user intoxicated since they absorb through the skin and provide effects that are localized to the surrounding deep tissue.
The Gopher State Has Your Delta 8 THC Needs Covered
Overall, Delta 8 THC is fully legal for all Minnesota adult residents. So, you don’t need to waste any time choosing a delta-8 product to experience its unique effects at last. If you want to secure only top-quality delta 8 that’s federally compliant and lab-tested, opt for a reputable online retailer that offers the product type that you’re seeking out.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.