There is no denying that Delta 8 THC is here to stay. It’s mild psychoactive buzz paired with its unique effects have won hemp enthusiasts over. Massachusetts is a state that has embraced cannabis and even CBD with open arms. But, as we all know, hemp laws can get confusing from state to state. And, many Bay Staters are unsure as to whether or not it’s actually legal to purchase delta 8 where they live, let alone where they can shop for this cannabinoid in order to know that they’re getting top-tier products in terms of quality and authenticity.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a fascinating cannabinoid that actually results from oxidized delta 9 THC as it ages in the plant material.
- The result is a new cannabinoid that’s about 70% as intoxicating as delta 9, while offering more interaction with CB1 receptors in the body’s nervous system.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Many people say that the high associated with delta 9 is less consciousness-altering and more manageable. Also offers a more mellowing effect on both the body and the mind.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Massachusetts?
Delta 8 THC is, in fact, fully legal throughout Massachusetts. The state, which also recognizes cannabis as a legal substance, adheres to federal law when it comes to the hemp plant. Thanks to the Farm Bill of 2018, all hemp derivatives are legal. As long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC, of course. This means that any resident in MA, whether they live in Boston, Salem, Cambridge, Plymouth, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Lynn, Peabody, New Bedford, Fall River, Brockton, Quincy, Cape Cod area, or any other region, can purchase delta 8 in any form of strength as long as they are a legal adult.
Take note that’s recommended not to consume delta 8 THC if you have to drive or work. You will become intoxicated. Delta 8 and delta 9 are alike in terms of how they are processed by the body. Hence, using delta-8 could trigger a positive drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Massachusetts?
Not all delta 8 THC is created equally, and the market even has fake delta 8 here and there. That’s why it is so important to choose your delta 8 source wisely. Look for things like lab reports and ingredients lists to know you’re getting fine quality. When buying delta-8, you can choose to purchase it locally from a nearby store or buy it online.
Also, remember that delta 8 and marijuana have a lot in common. So, make sure that you’re buying delta-8 and not a marijuana-based product, even though marijuana is legal in this state.
Some local shops may carry delta 8 products, and you can find out which ones do with a simple Google search or Weedmaps search. Most shops that do carry delta-8 specialize in other products, such as vaping goods. Therefore, you may find a limited selection and varying levels of quality, which is why it’s important to look at online reviews beforehand.
The other option, and the one that’s preferred by most delta 8 enthusiasts, is to buy it from an online company. This way, you can increase the chances of ending up with a high-quality product that suits your needs. Online shopping comes with a lot of benefits, including:
- Wider selection of products, with various delivery methods, formulas, milligram strengths, strains, and flavors to choose from.
- Lower prices due to the lower overhead costs that come with online retail
- Stricter quality standards due to higher competition.
- Special deals and promotions so that customers can save money while stocking up.
- Bundles and other forms of bulk purchase options for money-saving deals.
- Convenience of shopping for delta 8 from your home.
- Fresher products due to a higher product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now is an excellent source for delta 8 THC, as you’ll find an enormous selection of product types, strains, flavors and more, all while knowing you’re getting only clean, lab-tested hemp from the most reputable names in the industry. You can count on affordable prices and fast shipping to all residences in Mass, along with the ability to look up lab reports, ingredients lists, and more.
Some products from Pure CBD vapors include:
- Moon Rock Delta 8 Pre-Roll 1.75 grams – Enjoy a smoke with kief, This pre-roll is handy. Contains Delta 8 which has no psychotropic effect like Delta 9. Provides wellmess amd calming benefits.
- Wild Orchard Delta-8 Premium Hemp Flower – Available in 4 and 8 grams. The flower is from the best buds harvested at the right time to provide a good effect. Pick from the strains available.
- Delta 8 CBD Hash Sativa Black Hash – A mango flavor, sativa hash. Pipe is included in this product. A combination of Delta 8 and CBD.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
When shopping for most other products that you need, the same wisdom should apply – when looking to make a purchase, there are some places that should be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Massachusetts?
Delta 8 THC can be found in all kinds of delivery methods and product types. So, it is important to consider each one to figure out which is right based on your unique preferences and goals.
- Vape Cartridges: Pre-filled D8 vape carts offer fast-acting, potent delta 8 alongside terpenes in various strains. Carts are 510-threaded to be compatible with any standard vape pen.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are another great choice that come in lots of strains while being fast-acting and potent. These all-in-one systems require no charging or maintenance of any kind.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are associated with several hours of effects and a unique body high experience. Available in a huge array of delicious flavors, and gummies are the most popular.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are administered sublingually, and they come in different milligram strengths while offering a nice balance between potency and duration of effects.
- Capsules: D8 capsules offer a simpler way to ingest the properties of delta 8 THC for long-lasting effects.
- Flower: D8 flower is simply raw CBD flower infused with delta 8 THC distillate. Available in both pre-rolls and loose buds, as well as in a large variety of strains.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are powerful concentrates recommended for experienced users only. They are vaporized through a dabbing device, which achieves higher temperatures than standard equipment.
- Topicals: D8 topicals work in a localized way with the muscles and joints, as it won’t get you high.
New Englanders in The Old Colony State Just Can’t Get Enough of Delta 8 THC
Since delta 8 THC is a fully legal cannabinoid according to Massachusetts law, if you’re a legal adult, enjoy it in all kinds of formulas and delivery methods. It’s crucial though, to know you’re getting authentic, high-quality, and lab-tested delta 8. Your best option without having to go drive somewhere to possibly even park your car in Harvard yard, is choosing a trusted online company with a strong reputation for maintaining high standards.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.