Delta 8 THC is a mildly psychoactive cannabinoid found in the hemp plant which has taken the world by storm. Thanks to its enjoyable buzz and effects on mood, it’s a top seller across the country. Montanans who want to try delta 8 may be eager to learn about where they can buy it, but first they need to know whether or not it’s legal in Helena, Bozeman, Billings, Missoula and other parts of Montana.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
How Natural is Delta 8 THC Considered to Be?
This can be up for debate, depending upon on who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. Basically, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural’, there is often a final determination made that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Montana?
As it stands, Montana is one of a handful of states that strictly bans delta 8 THC. The 2018 Farm Bill legalized made the hemp plant legal under federal law, including all products containing no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. So, while delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid under federal law, it is not legal in MT.
Where to One Day Purchase Legal Delta 8 THC in Montana
The bottom line is that there is nowhere you can legally purchase delta 8 THC for the time-being. However, should you move to another state, or should the cannabinoid become legal in the future, it’s important to know where you can find top-quality, genuine delta 8.
At Pure CBD Now, we offer only top-rated delta 8 THC from reputable brands including our own, while providing the best prices and shipping times. We carry delta 8 vapes, topicals, capsules, tinctures, gummies, flower and more, with a massive selection to choose from. All of the products we carry are made with carefully sourced ingredients and lab-tested hemp extracts.
What Potential Places Should Be Avoided When Buying Delta 8 THC?
There are some types of delta 8 retailers that should be strictly avoided, as they are known to carry very low-quality or sometimes fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Purchase in Montana Hopefully Down the Line?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that exists in all kinds of unique product forms, and should the cannabinoid become legal in Montana in the future, you’ll want to know what types of products are out there.
- Vape Cartridges: Delta 8 vape cartridges are pre-filled with vape oil, in a variety of strain options. They’re 510-threaded, making them compatible with standard vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are all-in-one systems that can be vaped out of the box. Never need to be refilled or recharged. They come in numerous strain options.
- Edibles: D8 gummies and other edibles are known for their 8 hours of effects and strong body high sensation, not to mention great flavor.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are diluted delta 8 THC distillate oils that are absorbed through the sublingual tissue, promoting effects for around 4-6 hours.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are gel caps that are filled with delta 8 THC distillate, and behave just like edibles.
- Flower: D8 flower is CBD flower infused with delta 8 THC distillate. There are many strains to choose from in either loose bud or pre-roll forms.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates that have very potent levels of delta 8, so these aren’t recommended for newbies. Dabs are either “dabbed” or vaporized through a dabbing device at high temps.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are not intoxicating. That’s because they only provide localized effects to the muscles and joints when applied to your skin.
Delta 8: Not Yet Legal in Big Sky Country
As it stands, delta 8 THC is a banned cannabinoid in the state of Montana. We know that this is discouraging, but please bear in mind that these laws can change at any time. And, as an influx of states embrace delta-8, MT may decide to legalize the cannabinoid for its residents in the near future.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements oJGO Shrooms Permatrip Delta 8 Tincture 1500mgn this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.
If you want quality Delta 8 products, you can order from Pure CBD Now. Choose from the many Delta 8 products, to name a few:
- D8 HI Delta 8 Cartridge 900MG – Choose from Strawberry Cough, Blue Dream, Pink Runtz, Gorilla Glue, Gushers, Pineapple Express, Granddaddy Purple, and Wedding Cake . Apart from the great flavors, this cartridge is also very effective.
- JGO Shrooms Permatrip Delta 8 Tincture 1500mg – from Lion’s Mane, known as the “Mushroom of the Mind”. High on beta-glucans that assist in brain operation and is known to have medicinal properties. Also contain cordyceps mushrooms and shitake.
- D8 Factory Delta 8 Vape Cartridges 1000mg – This product combines delta 8 THC and 6 other terpene profiles giving 1000mg of bliss. Can provide a good experience of Delta 8 THC.
- Click on this link for more Delta products.