Oklahomans have made it clear that they are fans of the hemp plant. Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid in particular that’s seeing a good amount of buzz. This largely due to its mild psychoactive properties, unlike CBD. Oklahoma laws can be confusing when it comes to any cannabis product. So, the question then becomes, where does delta 8 stand in the state’s legislation? And, how can citizens there know that they are buying their delta-8 from a legitimate source in order to end up with the highest-quality product possible?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Oklahoma?
Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, delta 8 is recognized as a legal cannabinoid throughout the state of Oklahoma. This applies to all areas of the state, including Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norton, Lawton, Stillwater and everywhere else. OK recognizes federal law on hemp matters. Meaning, there are no restrictions when it comes to the delta 8 product type someone may buy, how many milligrams of delta 8 it may contain, or how much they may purchase at any given time.
One thing residents will need to keep in mind, however, is that using delta 8 THC will result in a failed drug test. Why? Because it’s metabolized in the same way as delta 9. And, as the cannabinoid is intoxicating, you should never drive or go to work after taking it.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Oklahoma
While delta 8 THC is legal in Oklahoma, that doesn’t mean that every delta 8 product on the market is equally high in quality. Even worse, some delta 8 you may encounter is fake. That’s why it is important to choose your source wisely, as two avenues are considered better than the rest.
Keep in mind, too, that as of now, only hemp-derived delta 8 THC is considered legal, even in states that permit marijuana use. So, make sure that your delta 8 comes from the hemp plant.
Stores in Oklahoma may carry delta 8 products, and you can find them by searching on Google or Weedmaps. You’ll want to look up reviews of a store ahead of time to make sure that they carry authentic, high-quality delta 8, as low local standards combined with specializing in non-hemp products means that you never know if you’re getting the standard of delta 8 you’re seeking out.
It’s simply better to buy your delta 8 THC online, from a hemp retailer that has a good reputation. It offers a lot of advantages, including:
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
At Pure CBD Now, you’ll find only top-quality delta 8 products made with carefully sourced ingredients and lab-tested hemp compounds. We carry delta 8 from all of the top brand names, in every delivery method, milligram strength and strain you could imagine. Products are also shipped out fast, all at affordable prices.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
Just like some delta 8 vendors are better than others, some should be completely avoided due to their association with selling only low-quality or even fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Oklahoma?
Okies are free to explore a wide array of delta 8 product types. And, just knowing what’s out there before shopping for delta 8 is a great way to ensure that you end up with the best product for your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts consist of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, and you can find lots of great strains out there. These cartridges are 510-threaded to attach to any standard hemp vape pen.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes contain the same vape oil formula as above, with a generous strain selection as well. But, they’re all-in-one vaping systems requiring no assembly, with a battery that never needs to be charged.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known for offering the longest-lasting effects of all, with a unique body high sensation that’s one of a kind. You can enjoy a wide array of tasty flavors.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are for sublingual administration, offering a potency level somewhere between edibles and vapes. They come in various milligram strengths, and many are flavored as well.
- Capsules: D8 capsules produce the same types of effects as edibles, but they offer simpler formulas that come in the form of capsules.
- Flower: D8 flower refers to raw hemp flower buds infused with delta 8 THC. You’ll find lots of strain options, that can be purchased in either loose bud or pre-roll form.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are extremely potent concentrates that are not beginner-friendly. They are flash-vaporized using a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are applied to the skin to absorb into the deep tissue, offering localized effects that won’t get you high.
Choose the Best-Quality Delta 8 THC in the Sooner State
Clearly, delta 8 THC is a booming submarket of the hemp industry, and for good reason. Most importantly, it’s legal to all Oklahoma residents of legal age. So, as an Okie, you can explore a wide array of delta-8 formulas as you so choose. Ideally, you should stick to an online hemp retailer to know that you’re getting only top-shelf quality delta 8 that is lab-tested and federally compliant.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.
Pure CBD Now can deliver Delta 8 products to any Oklahoma location. Order from their online store and you are guaranteed of quality products. Here are some products that might interest you::
- iDelta8 Flower Illuminati Kush – For users who like to enjoy the flavor and potency of hemp flowers. This product will provide the ride and the smooth ride any time of the day. Available in 3.5g and 7g.
- Infinite DELTA X Full Spectrum Vape Cartridge – Choose from available strains. Provide a rich experience from cannabinoids.
- Delta-9 Fruity Gummy Chews 50mg-500mg – You can select from 50mg – 500mg count. Has 10mg of THC and 25mg of full-spectrum hemp-derived cannabinoids.