Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that Ohioans are eager to get their hands on, largely thanks to the unique psychoactive effects associated with the compound. This hemp derivative has a lot to offer thanks to its many properties. But, is delta 8 actually legal throughout Ohio? And, if it’s legal, where can residents purchase it to know that they have the finest-quality, most authentic delta-8 in their possession?
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Ohio?
Yes, delta 8 THC is fully legal throughout Ohio. The 2018 Farm Bill made the hemp plant’s many derivatives federally legal as long as no particular product contains more than 0.3% delta 9 THC by dry weight. This means that residents throughout The Buckeye State can legally purchase any delta 8 product on the market with no restrictions pertaining to possession amount of product type. Therefore, whether you live in Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Toledo, Cincinnati, or anywhere else in the state, you can enjoy delta 8 on your terms.
Keep in mind that because delta 8 THC is intoxicating, you should never consume it prior to driving or going to work. Additionally, delta 8 is similar to delta 9 THC when it comes to how it’s metabolized by the body. Meaning, taking delta-8 can result in a positive drug test result.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Ohio
Not all delta 8 is created equally, and you may even find fake delta 8 in some places. This is why it’s important to be selective about where you’re buying from, as some avenues are better than others.
Keep in mind, also, that only hemp-derived delta 8 is legal in Ohio, so make sure that you’re not buying delta 8 that comes from the marijuana plant.
Weedmaps and Google both allow you to find local shops that carry delta 8 products, but note that the quality of delta 8 a store carries may be low if the store doesn’t specialize in hemp, or if local demand is low. Look at online reviews beforehand to know that a store carries only authentic and high-quality delta 8.
Even better, you can buy delta 8 THC from an online hemp retailer, as you’ll be able to enjoy all kinds of advantages.
- Larger selection of products available, with different milligram strengths, delivery methods, and formulas for more precise customization of how one takes delta 8.
- More affordable prices due to lower overhead costs.
- Higher quality standards due to more competition and higher customer demands.
- Special offers, clearance sales and promotions throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- The convenience of shopping from the comfort of home.
- Products that are fresher due to a faster product turnover rate.
Pure CBD Now lets you access a massive variety of top-rated delta 8 products all containing strictly lab-tested hemp compounds. We offer products from top-rated brands, in all kinds of delivery methods, formulas, milligram strengths, strains and more. At the same time, our prices are almost unbeatable, and our shipping time is extremely fast.
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
When shopping for most other products that you need, the same wisdom should apply – when looking to make a purchase, there are some places that must be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Ohio?
Delta 8 THC can be found in different kinds of product types and delivery methods. Each even brings something unique to the table. It’s good to get a better idea ahead of time what kind of product you want to purchase. Why? In order to ensure that you choose something that fully caters to your needs and preferences.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are pre-filled with a vape oil consisting of pure delta 8 THC distillate and terpenes, with many strain options available. These carts are 510-threaded to attach to standard vape pens.
- Disposable Vapes: Disposable vapes come in the same strains but offer a more user-friendly vaping style as these devices require no charging, refilling or assembly.
- Edibles: D8 edibles are known to offer the longest-lasting effects and a distinctive body high experience. You can find lots of great flavors out there.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures are gentler than vapes, but more potent than edibles. They are absorbed sublingually, coming in dropper bottles filled an oil-based formula.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are absorbed just like edibles but contain fewer ingredients and come in a capsulated form.
- Flower: D8 Flower is hemp flower infused with pure delta 8 THC. Available various strain options and both loose bud and pre-roll forms.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are high-strength concentrates that are meant for flash-vaporization with a dabbing device. They are best for more experienced users due to their incredibly high potency.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb through the skin into the deep tissue for localized, non-psychoactive effects.
Find the Best Delta 8 THC in the Heart of it All
Delta 8 THC is fully legal throughout Ohio, and this means that residents can enjoy it as they so desire. While delta 8 may start popping up in local shops, it’s always best to find a trusted online source that offers federally compliant, lab-tested, and carefully formulated delta-8 products for the best experience possible.
You can now purchase these quality Delta 8 products from Pure CBD Now. To name a few products:
- iDELTAX Delta 8 Cartridge – A full gram of cannabis to take you to where you want to go. Strains include indica, sativa and hybrid. You will not have th eprotection of CBD as this is of pure Delta 8 and nothing else so that the thrill is mind blowing.
- JGO Shrooms Permatrip Delta 8 Tincture 1500mg – This potent tincture contains Lions Mane, Cordyceps Myshrooms and Shitake. The iingredients are know to have medicinal value which makes them ideal for those looking for relief.
- Maui Labs DELTA 8 Cartridge Available in 925mg and 1ml. You can choose from available strains. Gives the right chill to discriminating users,
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.