Delta 8 THC is an extremely popular cannabinoid. So polarizing in fact, delta 8 has even caught the attention of Rhode Islanders. This is all thanks to the mild psychoactive buzz that it provides. While this cannabinoid is soaring on the market, residents in Newport, Providence, Pawtucket, Warwick, Cranston, and everywhere else in Rhode Island are wondering where they can buy delta-8 to try it for themselves. Even more importantly, they should know what state law says about the compound in general.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique cannabinoid in that it results from oxidized delta 9 THC. When delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8. That in turn, offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, blissful, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Rhode Island?
As it stands, delta 8 THC is not a legal cannabinoid in the state of Rhode Island. The 2018 Farm Bill made the hemp plant federally legal. How? By declaring that all hemp-based products containing a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC could be sold and purchased throughout the USA. So, while delta 8 is legal federally, it’s not legal in RI.
Where to One Day Purchase Legal Delta 8 THC in Rhode Island
Ultimately, if you are a resident of Rhode Island, you cannot legally purchase delta 8 in your home state. However, should you move out of the state at some point, or should the law change, then you’ll want to know where you can find top-rated, legitimate and high-quality delta 8 products.
At Pure CBD Now, you’ll find only lab-tested delta 8 products made from the most trusted names in the industry, with strict formulation standards to ensure exceptional quality. We offer affordable prices and fast shipping to maintain customer satisfaction, while boasting a huge selection of delta 8 vapes, gummies, flower, tinctures, and more.
What Potential Places Should Be Avoided When Buying Delta 8 THC?
There are some types of delta 8 retailers that should be strictly avoided, as they are known to carry very low-quality or sometimes fake delta 8 products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Purchase in Rhode Island Hopefully Down the Line?
Delta 8 comes in a lot of different product forms, just like CBD. If Rhode Island does legalize delta 8 in the future, these are the products that you’ll be able to check out on the market.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts refer to 510-threaded pre-filled vape oil cartridges, which come in a large selection of strain choices.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes are pre-filled and pre-charged all-in-one vape kits that never require charging or any other kind of maintenance, and come in a variety of strains.
- Edibles: D8 edibles don’t just taste great, but they provide up to 8 hours of psychoactive effects and a blissful body high. Come in various flavors and strengths.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are diluted delta 8 THC distillate oils that are absorbed sublingually. These offer somewhere around 4-6 hours of effects.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are gel capsules containing delta 8 THC distillate, which behave just like edibles, buy with fewer ingredients.
- Flower: D8 flower is raw CBD flower infused with delta 8 THC distillate. Can be found in many strains in both pre-roll and loose bud forms.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates with potency levels that are too high for most beginners. They’re either “dabbed” or flash-vaporized at high temperatures with dabbing devices.
- Topicals: D8 topicals will not get you high, since they simply absorb through the skin to provide only localized effects.
Will Delta 8 Stay Illegal in The Ocean State?
We understand that the banning of delta 8 in Rhode Island is disappointing news to residents who wish to try it. Although residents cannot buy it as of now, the law may change in the future, as we’re seeing more and more states embrace the cannabinoid, which may influence Rhode Island lawmakers moving forward.
Note: Recommended to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.
Rhode Island residents can order online from Pure CBD Now. They have a complete line of Delta 8 products to choose from.
- Maui Labs DELTA 8 Cartridge – Available in 925mg and 1ml. You can choose the strain you want for the cartridge – Indica, Sative or Hybrid. Provides the user relaxation and at the same time a good mood.
- D8 Factory CBG Delta 8 Hemparettes 1000mg Pack – Many flavors to choose from. CBG Delta 8 has 50mg Cannabigerol and 50mg Delta-8 per piece, thus a single dose provides a good cannabinoid sentation.
- Delta 8 Rechargeable & Disposable Vape Pens – Available in 1gram and 900mg with 3 different strains or flavor to choose from. Produced from the finest hemp plants.
- More Delta 8 products to choose from. click on the link.