Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid derived from hemp that’s become enormously popular thanks to the mild psychoactive buzz and other desirable effects it’s associated with, and it’s become a top seller along with CBD. But, that doesn’t mean that it’s legal everywhere, leaving Arkansans wondering whether or not they can actually access the cannabinoid freely where they live.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that’s often compared and contrasted to delta 9 THC, and for good reasons.
- Delta 8 THC is a unique compound due to resulting from oxidized delta 9 THC. As delta 9 ages in the plant’s structure, it naturally converts into delta 8, which offers about 30% less psychoactive activity to create a milder high.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Delta 8 enthusiasts describe the high as bliss-inducing, euphotic, and capable of keeping the mind relatively clear. All this, compared to delta 9.
- Delta-8 has a strong affinity for CB1 receptors in the nervous system, which explains many of its unique effects.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Arkansas?
Delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid on a federal level, thanks to the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill which made all hemp derivatives legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. However, Arkansas does not adhere to the Farm Bill, having banned delta 8 THC and all THC-based cannabinoids throughout the state. What this means is that if you are an AR resident, you cannot legally purchase delta 8 THC, whether you’re in Little Rock, Hot Springs, Bentonville, Jonesboro, or elsewhere.
Where to One Day Purchase Legal Delta 8 THC in Arkansas
The bottom line is that there is nowhere in which an Arkansas resident can legally purchase delta 8 products. However, if they could, there would be some specific things to pay attention to. Why? Because not all delta 8 THC is created equally when it comes to quality and even authenticity.
Pure CBD Now is the site to find an awesome selection of delta 8 THC gummies, vapes, flower, and more. All, from reputable brands that utilize lab-testing through a third party and source their hemp with the utmost care. The delta 8 carried at Pure CBD Now also happens to be some of the most affordable on the market. Plus, it’s shipped using the fastest methods at our disposal.
Pure CBD Now can deliver to any location in Arkansas. Here are some products that you can purchase from the online store.
- iDELTA8 Diamond – Disposable Pure Delta 8 Vape Pen Full Gram – A best seller from iDelta8 product line. This is a rechargeable vape pen that offers a strong Delta 8 THC formulation and do not contain cannabinoids to balance the effect. This is not recommended for inexperienced users.
- Wild Orchard Delta-8 Vape JUUL Compatible Pods 500mg – Buyer can choose flavor. A full spectrum Delta 8 product. Only contains Delta 8 oil with natural terpenes.
- Dessert Delta 8 Vape Pen 250mg – Another quality product from Wild Orchard. Comes in 4 flavors – our delicious flavors: Lemon Pound Cake, Fruity Loop Milk, Blueberry Cream Pie, and Strawberries n’ Cream. Contains 250mg Delta 8 and .3% Delta 9.
What Potential Places Should Be Avoided When Buying Delta 8 THC?
There are certain types of retailers that should be strictly avoided if you’re looking to purchase delta 8 THC products.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Purchase in Arkansas Hopefully Down the Line?
Delta 8 comes in a rich selection of product types, each offering its own distinctive experience. Here are the types of delta 8 products that you may one day be able to explore.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are 510-threaded, pre-filled cartridges containing a delta 8 vape oil, with a variety of strains to choose from.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes also come in a variety of strains, but with different technology. They’re all-in-one vaping devices that are pre-filled and ready to use out of the box, never requiring charging or any other kind of maintenance.
- Edibles: D8 edibles offer up to 8 hours of effects and a notable body high, and come in many great flavors.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures are administered below the tongue, consisting of pure delta 8 distillate and a carrier oil. They are more potent than edibles, but less potent than vapes.
- Flower: D8 flower takes raw hemp flower and infuses it with delta 8 distillate, with a great selection of strains in both pre-roll and loose bud form.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are for advanced users, being powerful concentrates with super high potency levels for flash-vaporization.
- Topicals: D8 topicals absorb through the skin to offer only localized effects to the deep tissue, and will not get the user high.
The Land of Opportunity Could Provide a Spot for Delta 8
We know that the illegality of delta 8 THC in Arkansas is disappointing to residents of the state. However, delta 8 THC is a fast-evolving industry, and positive research on its effects has led to many states firmly embracing it in recent months. Therefore, it’s absolutely not out of the question to believe that Arkansas could legalize the cannabinoid in the future.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay, since it’s a compound that’s legal as CBD is on a federal level.